Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 163

Thread: Futurism's overrated

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,867

    Default Futurism's overrated

    It's embarrassing. Stop it.

    94's better than 1993.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,618

    Default

    WAR

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,618

    Default

    Can I say, as a toxic misanthrope approaching old age, you two squabbling is the rivalry this place deserves, far better than my one-sided bullying of Corpse.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    2,837

    Default

    this is all im sayin.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thirdform View Post
    this is all im sayin.

    some dungeons and dragons nerd playing sci fi dress up.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,495

    Default

    Futurism might be overrated, or at least, not something to be striven for consciously, in a programmatic way but the new is essential. We can't live without it because life is so boring and the pallete gets jaded.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:


  8. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,495

    Default

    So setting out to make a tune that sounds like a spaceship docking, probably not going to end well, albeit I have a secret affection for kuedo who does just that. But there is a logic to the development of music, just as there is a kind of logic to the dual evolution of predator and prey, not predictable necessarily, but it unfolds over time in a way which makes some kind of sense

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    So setting out to make a tune that sounds like a spaceship docking, probably not going to end well, albeit I have a secret affection for kuedo who does just that. But there is a logic to the development of music, just as there is a kind of logic to the dual evolution of predator and prey, not predictable necessarily, but it unfolds over time in a way which makes some kind of sense
    I don't like the word dialectical but

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,495

    Default

    The thing is, I don't know if there is an alternative. I don't think you can avoid it. Unless you make music which is the equivalent of a mock Tudor mansion

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,867

    Default

    the most innovative music was in persuit of the Now, not of the future.

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    2,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    Futurism might be overrated, or at least, not something to be striven for consciously, in a programmatic way but the new is essential. We can't live without it because life is so boring and the pallete gets jaded.

    yeah barry ur client cancelled u now time for us to write a piece in mixmag about how this was the right thing 2 do because of ur cis straight positionality.

  13. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thirdform View Post
    ur cis straight positionality.
    i don't have twitter, these words and the worldview they accompany don't exist outside of the internet. i need them explained. why is 94 cis and 93 sass?

  14. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,867

  15. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    7,367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sadmanbarty View Post
    It's embarrassing. Stop it.

    94's better than 1993.
    Btw what is this 94/93 thing?

    Did things get less futuristic in 94?

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Corpsey For This Useful Post:


  17. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
    Btw what is this 94/93 thing?

    Did things get less futuristic in 94?
    Nothing, really.

    The "Futuristic" thing in the early to mid 90s was Wired Magazine (at least as how remember it from my teenage years) and the emerging internet. All the great things ahead - Virtual Reality! Video-On-Demand! The "Information Super-Highway!" well, that future is now here, and (at least in my view) the "Future" which has become the Present isn't exciting at all.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •