sadmanbarty

Both good looking lads. When we took Trill to Wetherspoons he was talking about his new posh girlfriend from west London.

exactly. made her sound like an octogenarian widow with elbow length black gloves who was going to leave him her mansion.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I mean it's barty's fault given that Ash Sarkar namechecks Vybz Kartel instead of Mad Cobra or Bounty Killer.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
like luke needs to keep him in check. make him a bit north london because the problem is a lot of todays north londoners have no connection to the ancestral culture and your american/ja worship in the south is delitirious. You could be the next Stalin if you're not careful.

droid

Now THIS is multiculturalism. Scottish and baroque musical traditions analysed the lens of linguistic conventions, codified as white, then black, then white again.

luka

Now THIS is multiculturalism. Scottish and baroque musical traditions analysed the lens of linguistic conventions, codified as white, then black, then white again.

Barty looked at that and said the guy doesnt know what the fuck hes talking about. Conflating different things. Said he's cloth eared and amateurish.

forclosure

Ok so i get this is Barty at it again and i aint been here but can somebody explain to me what they mean by north london has no connection to the "ancestral roots" or whatever

I mean im fine with Headie but then again my man is from Broadwater Farm so i feel like man has to approach him and RV and them with gloves "anyting green get bun etc" so what you saying that drill wouldve been better off just in the hands of all the south london man?

I mean im from Wood Green and the last notable rappers to come out of my sides were G Money and them (you could say Lampz but thats cause that kid died outside the cinema i walk past to get the tube)

but yeah if somebody on here fills me in that would be cool

forclosure

Anyway i should also add i know this is all in good jest but as like the one black breh who semi-frequents here since that Trilliam is working gotta say this topic kinda has me giving the side eye like my man saying he wanted to impregnate Billie whatsherface

only way i feel you could stop "multicultralism" happening is i dunno find a way to stop youtube from happening since that vomited up the entire internet and everything since then has just been trying to find a way to wire it back in and make money off of it. Stop nerds from making money, find a way to get backpack rap popular?? fuck if i know

luka

Anyway i should also add i know this is all in good jest but as like the one black breh who semi-frequents here since that Trilliam is working gotta say this topic kinda has me giving the side eye like my man saying he wanted to impregnate Billie whatsherface

only way i feel you could stop "multicultralism" happening is i dunno find a way to stop youtube from happening since that vomited up the entire internet and everything since then has just been trying to find a way to wire it back in and make money off of it. Stop nerds from making money, find a way to get backpack rap popular?? fuck if i know

He'll sort it out in the morning for you. Clarify his intentions. We'll get him working.

sadmanbarty

sorry about that. i think it disturbed luke and thirdform too, so you weren't alone in finding it uncomfortable.

if it reassures you to any degree, all the far-right bits of the thread was just naughty school boys saying things they're not allowed to say, rather than any genuine expression of political or social attitudes.

essentially the thread was saying that all these genre cross-pollinations have gone too far. rap music should retreat back into itself, as should dance music as should dancehall. that means they could develop their own musical languages again so that in 10-20 years time when they cross pollinate they'd really come up with new innovative music.

sadmanbarty

as a general rule for everyone, i get carried away, so please, please, please if i ever do something horrible just dm me and let me know how you feel and i'll delete things/ apologise/ explain/ etc.

i'm stupid, not evil.

droid

Barty looked at that and said the guy doesnt know what the fuck hes talking about. Conflating different things. Said he's cloth eared and amateurish.

Oh, it has problems, and he pushes it too far, but the theory is mostly sound, based as it is on the work of others. Incidentally, I was chatting to Wayne about this, he had an article in in (I think) Variety just come out on the same topic and got pipped by this guy due to publishing delays.

A good channel though. I like his video on Coltrane's hyper fractal.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Ok so i get this is Barty at it again and i aint been here but can somebody explain to me what they mean by north london has no connection to the "ancestral roots" or whatever

oh, ha, sorry that was me, we were playing with luke's idea that me and u are essentially the NTS radio aristocracy. ash from novara said something like her favourite things are vybz kartel and ezra pound, this then turned into me telling luke to keep south london in check because of man's not hot... crowley chatting about terror fabulous as if americans would even know who terror fabulous is...

I can't even fucking remember tbh. and yeah i was a bit uncomfortable with the way barty phrased it all. I know it was him being him and whatever but it just felt a bit off, like a banana gone squidgy, a bit too funny in a vomit inducing sickly way... and then well the day he made that thread the christ church thing happened and i was like bloody hell i don't believe in coincidences but that joke couldn't have come at the worst time...

Last edited: