Minimal Deep Tech

continuum

smugpolice
Maybe I’m on this too early but there might be a new kind of house sound emerging from certain quarters in London. I’m mainly talking about two particular producers at the moment. East End Dubs and then also Rossi.

Rossi’s Dub Inventions EP released in October last year has one track - Dub Inventions A2 - which just sounds different on repeated listening to other tunes out there. The sample used on the record also seems to speak to what could be a potentially interesting way forward.

East End Dubs has more tracks along these lines, in fact most of his recent output seems to be heading in this dub yet, importantly, minimal tech/deep house direction.

East End Dubs - Grace

East End Dubs - Transient

There’s a night on tonight in London organised by Ellie Cocks which could be the first night to really crystallise the potentiality expressed in East End Dubs and Rossi’s productions.

uk-0316-1199179-front.jpg

Another new promotion in Birmingham called Undergrowth has also booked Rossi alongside some of the local talent to seemingly explore this direction.

1138435_1_undergrowth-present-rossi-lowerhand-records_eflyer.jpg

Am I barking up the wrong tree or is there something going on here?

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
ive heard these sorts of tunes on that enzo sirigusa bloke on rinse. would have been more on it in 2010 though if I'm being honest.

continuum

smugpolice
I thought oh isn't this Jamie Jones but then I listened to a new Jamie Jones track and it was nothing like this.

I found Artikal's recent mix on Billy Rath's Habits Records quite a good intro:

Artikal describes it "A selection of deep and stripped back riddims to ease your soul and take your mind on a trip"