luka

so for example south London is Top Cat vocals, west London is, you know, the tasteful bits.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
You make west london sound like paradise.

I can imagine living in paradise you'd not want anything but smooth jazz.

Like when I was on holiday last year in cyprus sat by a swimming pool drinking booze at midday all this bland ibiza house sounded perfect.

luka

I've Never been there, but yeah, that's how I picture it. Paradise. Everyone knows each other and can't remember if it's friendship or a networking opportunity or if they just went to the same school. Life as one big social whirl.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I always wanted to go to ibiza in 87. I'd do gak instead of garys though. sexy boys in the morning and ejecting my seed like genghis khan at amnesia during the night. I mean I could tolerate u2 if it meant creating the future generation of iberian-anatolian hybrids. honestly sounds like heaven. the problem is noone actually wanted to fuck danny rampling and paul oakenfold because they were west end boys.

luka

They first start going to Ibiza at 16. They have arty bohemian names like Xanthie.

luka

Hip hop in 80s London, from what I understand, was a west end thing, centred around Covent Garden. It had a central hub that dragged people in from all corners.

luka

Like when I was on holiday last year in cyprus sat by a swimming pool drinking booze at midday all this bland ibiza house sounded perfect.

I'm so impressionable this is making me want to drink booze at midday despite it being winter in south east London and I'm alone in my flat with no swimming pool

thirdform

pass the sick bucket

lonnie liston smith sounds good when smoking spliffs in the sun in leeds. no idea why. if you move back to london though most of his stuff is utterly unbearable, and rightfully so...

Last edited:

luka

lonnie liston smith sounds good when smoking spliffs in the sun in leeds. no idea why. if you move back to london though most of his stuff is utterly unbearable, and rightfully so...

The sun and beauty and comfort weakens spiritual resolve. This, as Corpse points out, is the reason for west Londons degeneracy

sadmanbarty

i think jungle's dancehall because south london's the heart of soundsytem culture and there was a bloke upstairs who ran one.

thirdform think's jungle's euro-futurism because he lives near heathrow so he's always bumping into belgians

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
but south london also doesn't like the breaks being chopped too much. east is the home of that with the exception of remarc but you lot gave remarc a hard time. that's why luka is spiritually closer to me than he is you.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
wrong. this is me, and i was actually listening to this in 2009,

you were probably listening to antipop consordium.

Last edited:

DannyL

Wild Horses