luka

Albums as a medium inherently fail to do this. There’s something about the very nature of albums that stops this from happening.

The funny context of this thread is Barty listens to albums almost exclusively and I never listen to them, but I like this role reversal and I will go with it 100%

sadmanbarty

The funny context of this thread is Barty listens to albums almost exclusively and I never listen to them, but I like this role reversal and I will go with it 100%

That’s the thing. I always do it out if convenience (I don’t have to interrupt what I’m doing every 3 minutes to change track) so I’m well versed in how shit they are.

They’re far easier to defend in abstract terms than in reality. Hence people using the word “obvious” while not providing examples.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
That’s the thing. I always do it out if convenience (I don’t have to interrupt what I’m doing every 3 minutes to change track) so I’m well versed in how shit they are.

They’re far easier to defend in abstract terms than in reality. Hence people using the word “obvious” while not providing examples.

this is why i wish bit torrent packs took off as opposed to spotify playlists. 5000 songs for the aspiring rare groove gentleman.

sadmanbarty

This is why I’m looking forward to moving past the boring barty’s Wrong bit, then we can get to
The real meat of the issue. Why are mixes better than albums? Why are albums untenable?

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
mixes were better before people put britney's sex tape samples in em. she's not even hot from a bisexual point of view.

sadmanbarty

Thirds doing what’s known as “pulling a Reynolds”. Tirelessly injecting your sexuality into discussions that had nothing whatsoever to do with it.

Filthy old git

luka

Low, Heart of the congos, On Land, Black Secret Technology, The Idiot, Marble Index, Deep Space, SAW (1+2), Amber>>LP5, Dark Side of the Moon, Liquid Swords, Thriller, Nation of Millions, The Ramones, Autobahn, What's going on, VU & Nico, Rubber Soul, Black Sabbath, Burial, Bone Machine, Trilogie De La Mort...

There's thousands of great albums.

What do you make of this. Acknowledge the droid. Drag him into the party.

droid

Albums are not untenable. There's tons of great albums. The premise is completely false.

Albums are a body of work, a snapshot and document of a particular time and place. Cognitively, the LP does something that a single can't do, it allows you to be absorbed into an aesthetic narrative, to appreciate the nuance and shade of the work, or in the case of compilations - a genre. Some albums are collections of short stories, some are novels, in both cases they give space to the voice of the author to mark your consciousness.

What you should be discussing is the uselessness of the EP.

sadmanbarty

Your penchant for bdsm and that particular brand of aryan-futurism you enjoy are actually very similar.

(Hopefully with offending you, I love you remember) they’re both naff attempts to signify something they don’t truly represent. Darkcore sounded like 80’s, not the future. Bdsm’s for couples who e been married for 30 years, not true slaaaaags.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
yeah but have there really been any good albums since 1987? acid house killed albums. black secret technology is just like 5 12s anyway. doesn't count.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Your penchant for bdsm and that particular brand of aryan-futurism you enjoy are actually very similar.

(Hopefully with offending you, I love you remember) they’re both naff attempts to signify something they don’t truly represent. Darkcore sounded like 80’s, not the future. Bdsm’s for couples who e been married for 30 years, not true slaaaaags.

lol i really really don't care about bdsm i just don't wanna hear bad orgasm samples in deconstructed club. as for darkcore being 80s futurist, you can fuck off with that one m8.

luka

What do you make of this. Acknowledge the droid. Drag him into the party.

This is the next stage of the process. I need Barty to make everyone feel welcome. Bring the best out of them. Build trust. Enlarge the compass of the love circle.

droid

yeah but have there really been any good albums since 1987? acid house killed albums. black secret technology is just like 5 12s anyway. doesn't count.

Nah. The only thing that he released on 12" prior to BST was Finley's rainbow, and they were different mixes IIRC.

sadmanbarty

This is the next stage of the process. I need Barty to make everyone feel welcome. Bring the best out of them. Build trust. Enlarge the compass of the love circle.

You’re acting as though this entire thread is not entirely about me seeking attention from droid.