thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I like India and the near east and whatever. I don't share that prejudice with barty and corpse, its Latin America I have an irrational prejudice about. Fiesta! Arrriba! Not into it.

do latin funeral laments exist? or is it all ibiza mk10. also if u don't wanna be a racist cunt give ur neighbour that turkish dropbox folder i sent u.

Last edited:

sadmanbarty

Very good trillhouse.

You see you lot, look how constructive the conversation can be when you behave yourselves.

I think I’ve got to pretend to be a Nigerian gospel guitarist fir a few hours now, but will return later to respond to trill’s poungiabt and profound observations

sadmanbarty

I like India and the near east and whatever. I don't share that prejudice with barty and corpse, its Latin America I have an irrational prejudice about. Fiesta! Arrriba! Not into it.

We all know corpse hate Greeks, but how did I end up here?

luka

do latin funeral laments exist? or is it all ibiza mk10. also if u don't wanna be a racist cunt give ur neighbour that turkish dropbox folder i sent u.

How can I give my neighbour,who we've already established I don't talk to, an immaterial data packet? I am the Lawrence of Arabia who started the Muslim Bangers thread. Let's not forget that.

luka

Very good trillhouse.

You see you lot, look how constructive the conversation can be when you behave yourselves.

I think I’ve got to pretend to be a Nigerian gospel guitarist fir a few hours now, but will return later to respond to trill’s poungiabt and profound observations

Nice post. We all enjoyed it but how is it qualitvely different from the hundreds of other good points already made?

luka

Who, with the honourable exception of Sufi, the original Lawrence of Arabia, Mr 7 Pillars of Wisdom himself, has done more for Muslim Bangers in this country than me? Answer me that?

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
How can I give my neighbour,who we've already established I don't talk to, an immaterial data packet? I am the Lawrence of Arabia who started the Muslim Bangers thread. Let's not forget that.

I thought the latin music they played was causing you to vandalise your bloc of flats?

Trillhouse

Nice post. We all enjoyed it but how is it qualitvely different from the hundreds of other good points already made?

I haven't been around long enough for.. wait.. why am i having flashbacks to mum & dad using me to score points in their arguments.

:slanted:;)

luka

I haven't been around long enough for.. wait.. why am i having flashbacks to mum & dad using me to score points in their arguments.

:slanted:;)

You've been around for ages. Join date 2011. 213 posts. Mixes of sega megadrive music. The odd kpop post to keep crowleyheads spirits up. We're all glad to see you here.

droid

Repeater is a brilliant LP, as is out of step by Minor Threat. In a not entirely separate vein, Penis Envy stands up very well too.

droid

Lovely songs, amazing harmonies, incredible production. Perhaps the zenith of the roots+rocksteady lineage of reggae and one of Perry's most completely realised visions.

Plus Gregory on backing vocals!

other_life

bioconfused
it's one consistent vibe. the use of echo/other modulation is brilliant. the bass is overpowering, the drums and percussion are just a wash of waves, the guitars and keys are acid... + there's a biblical theme throughout the whole thing as well that feels very earnest and impassioned. i'd love to sing these songs with a group in a church, especially open up the gate, children crying and solid foundation.
while we're on it: how about the double whammy of revelation time and war ina babylon?

droid

Both amazing. Right time is another contender. Certainly a brilliant album even without Perry at the helm.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Journey in Satchidananda, The Dreaming, Horses, Neu!, Experience, What's Going On, Selected Ambient Works, Hounds of Love, Gris-Gris, Illmatic, Diamond Dogs, Don't Stand Me Down, Unknown Pleasures, Harry Mudie Meet King Tubby's In Dub Conference Volume 1. Granted I can't think of any this millennium and it's all very Q magazine and I listen to about five a year these days. But it's the bedroom artform, the album.

Most films are shit and you wouldn't watch them more than once, even in the 20th century. But the ones that you would, you'd watch a thousand times...

Last edited:

Agent

dgaf ngaf cgaf
i'm not arguing with this in the abstract, but as this thread is resoundingly proving, there aren't any albums that let you do this. there's something inherent in the medium that prevents this (ed: sustaining a mood) happeneing.

Could you elaborate on this? What exactly is it about the album form that dooms it to failure, and what is this intrinsic property that prevents it from sustaining a mood/narrative/perception?

I agree with your premise but only because I don't think any form of entertainment has any "value" to anyone at all. But I probably define value differently than most (dirty word in my mind).