craner

Beast of Burden
The other thing about blogs, the great thing about them in fact, is that you can just leave these things dangling in space and time and there's always the tantalising prospect that somebody, one day in the future, will stumble upon them and recognise their beauty.

Reactions: sus

luka

it's part of the reason i like being out on the street. it's very low odds, but you never know. at least it makes it possible.

• Haha
Reactions: sus

craner

Beast of Burden
it's part of the reason i like being out on the street. it's very low odds, but you never know. at least it makes it possible.

Exactly.

I mean it seems obvious to me that the Powell and Pressburger essay is better than anything that has been written in Sight + Sound in at least 20 years, and one day somebody else might agree.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
It's amazing that you've got the self discipline to write a huge essay with footnotes and everything without anybody standing over you with a big stick.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I always needed the big stick, personally. Otherwise it's all sloppy blog writing where the "charm" is in being totally irresponsible.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
amazing you put all that effort in and corpsey wont even read them, the monster

Hmmm

I'm tempted to say that with craners blogs and your poetry (and bartys Wu tang blog) - I don't see much of the people I "know" off here in them.

If craner wrote a 5,000 word essay about Patrice rushen and his career as a Cardiff lothario in the late 90s I'd lap it up.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I'm very lazy. Also I don't like reading off the internet. I like reading books and my kindle. Even magazines don't get a look in anymore.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
By the way, a week or so ago I was hoodwinked into buying a terrible book called "A month in siena". It's by some bloke who wrote some book called "the return". It's about sienese art. I read about 20 pages and had to stop. Annoying.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
A self indulgent travelogue. It reminded me of reading my own diaries, except without the personal investment.

craner

Beast of Burden
I'm very lazy. Also I don't like reading off the internet. I like reading books and my kindle. Even magazines don't get a look in anymore.

I've told you before, print them off at work, take them home, fix a drink, relax in a comfy chair and read them in a slow, luxurious fashion. That's what they are designed for.