"(Post-)Hardcore Continuum & UK Music Writing"

droid

Im addicted to the who's online page so I know this has been going on in earnest for some time now. It's a cultural archive. Luckily I'm not a public figure or I'd be in all types of shit. Double cancelled.

There needs to be some gatekeeping here. Three responses to a Barty provocation thread gives you access to a vicious counter-nuum thread. Stroke Luka's ego enough in dematerialism and you get to see Simon's most scandalous musical faux pas.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
There is a dubstep lineage. It goes, boring, terrible 'dark' garage records-dubstep-post dubstep.

no this isn't true. as in, yes it is true, but that's conceding too much territory to the dubsteppers. dubstep as a distinct halfstep template was a 2005 thing. I've said this before. mind you facts don't matter here but had jammer not been a cunt post-dubstep would have never happened.

i also think those dark garage records are great but sometimes u wanna go too west london in this regard, also why you're not into dillinja...

Last edited:

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
like blissblogger was done with grime by 2005. you were done with grime by 2005. post-dubstep was a 2009 thing. those 4 years in between just don't exist for you luke. in fact funky was a reactive move when you come to think about it. people started talking about slowing things down and housifying the dubstep trad. i was too young for stratford 2004 but i remember that much in 2009 m8. don't get too hung up on the obsessive male feminist version of historiography.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
one of the most ardent defenders of the nuum didn't even really like hardcore and the lumpen horrorcore darkside, not naming names but u lot know. this is the problem with focusing too heavily on social composition and geography.

version

The "post" thing often strikes me as lazy, it can feel like sidestepping whatever something actually is in favour of what it isn't. I guess it's as valid as anything else, but the idea of everything being defined in opposition to what came before and having no qualities of its own is a bit grim.

It reminds me of Fukyama's now ridiculed idea of the 'end of history' in that it feels as though you speak it into truth. Once you start branding everything 'post-whatever', you kill everything because it means there's nowhere to go but sideways and around, you're forever floating around something rather than moving beyond it. It's why I don't see anything in something like 'metamodernism', it all just feels like postmodernism now. You can't get away from it. You can't put the lid back on the box.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Calling card of the journalists

Also it comes off as naming the aftermath of something worthy of not being called "post" something

Post match analysis

CrowleyHead

you guys should have killed hardcore continuum in 07 and we wouldn't have this vomit word salad on 555-5555. Americans don't even like Remarc or Kemet Crew. only the detroit techno/deep house purist pipecock ironically. oh and of course Ripley.

crowl doesn't count because he's really british anyway.

why do you hate me

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
other account deleted by sensitive white deconstructed postdubstep people again. didn't even have a chance to defend myself. was just... gone.

tbf i support white genocide 100% if it means people like this don't exist.

other_life

bioconfused
this forum just looks like an extension of the techno twitter/pious leftbook contingent 'sharing' music 'with' each other wtf

chava

think they even fucked off the rbma contingent. wow. forum totally dead.

So much the better. The interaction I had with the admins preceding my ban was pretty schocking to me. My first experience with "SJW" culture, a term I never thought I'd accept, but now I understand.

Bellwoods

Is there any connection at all between the 'nuum and road rap/UK drill? Producer overlap? I've certainly noticed some aesthetic similarities (and judging from the thread here, I'm not the only one), but ultimately it seems like its own thing.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Is road still mainly south or is it all over London (and other cities) now?

Is that afroswing sound located to a particular area of London?