version

There's a story about two young Ted Nugent fans hiding inside a speaker cabinet, sneaking into one of his shows and bleeding to death due to the extreme power of Ted's sound. This story is obviously true, but what are some musical myths which have sprung up over the years?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I'm sure everyone here has heard the one about Richard D. James supposedly living in the huge metal cube (a waterworks facility or something like that, I think?) in the middle of the roundabout at Elephant & Castle.

version

I remember being told that Marilyn Manson had had some of his ribs removed so that he could suck himself off.

Leo

Robert Johnson became the first great American bluesman after selling his soul to the devil.
Courtney killed kurt.
Paul is dead.
original lyrics to the Tina turner hit were "what's lunch got to do with it"

IdleRich

IdleRich
Yeah the rib removal and pint of semen ones seemed to be recycled for each new generation of popstars. For me I think I first heard Prince and Marc Almond but I can't be sure.
With Marilyn Manson there was the one about how when he was a child he was in The Wonder years, he was the other kid (not the main one). I guess he kinda looks a bit like him and I can't be bothered to work out the dates so I'm gonna assume it's feasible on that score.

9602.jpg

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Bryn 'Muslimgauze' Jones was murdered by Mossad.

Actually I think maybe it was just zhao who thought that.

blissblogger

the pint of semen myth-legend-rumor was also directed at Rod Stewart, would you believe. he was a considered a bit too flash to be properly manly. had a frilly scarf.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
the pint of semen myth-legend-rumor was also directed at Rod Stewart, would you believe. he was a considered a bit too flash to be properly manly. had a frilly scarf.

Yeah, and the whole shagging loads of women thing is a bit suspicious too if you ask me. Obviously trying to cover up for something.

martin

----
Bryn 'Muslimgauze' Jones was murdered by Mossad.

Actually I think maybe it was just zhao who thought that.

Many neo-nazis are still convinced that Mossad (working alongside MI5) offed Ian Stuart from Skrewdriver in '93 by tampering with the car steering wheel.

If Jones really was killed by Mossad, anyone who's so much as accidentally clicked on the PSC website should start bricking themselves.

I also heard the detached rib myth when I was at school, but can't recall who it was about now -might have even been Matthew Kelly?

Another one - apparently Billy Idol takes a pair of thigh-high leather boots with him on tour, and only groupies who fit the boots get a ride back to his hotel. Sounds plausible to me.

Oh yeah - 'The Pussycat Dolls are men'.

version

'The Pussycat Dolls are men'.

This seems to be a big one at the moment, claiming that famous women are actually men. I've seen people saying it of Holly Willoughby, Michelle Obama, Lady Gaga and a few others.

martin

----
This seems to be a big one at the moment, claiming that famous women are actually men. I've seen people saying it of Holly Willoughby, Michelle Obama, Lady Gaga and a few others.

Yeah, I've seen some of the Michelle Obama ones on YT (God, I need to get out more). There's one guy who seems to be obsessed with making those vids about every female A/B/C-list celeb going. The Pussycat Dolls rumour was quite early on, tho - late '90s? - then evaporated, along with the group themselves (apart from the one who landed the Vitabiotics adverts).

version

Maya Jama was on Big Narstie's show the other week saying people keep sending her photos of her with a beard edited on and saying they know she's a man.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
The one I heard about the Pussycat Dolls is that the group was essentially a prostitution ring.

version

Sun Ra's trip to Saturn is another good one.

My whole body changed into something else. I could see through myself. And I went up... I wasn't in human form... I landed on a planet that I identified as Saturn... they teleported me and I was down on [a] stage with them. They wanted to talk with me. They had one little antenna on each ear. A little antenna over each eye. They talked to me. They told me to stop [attending college] because there was going to be great trouble in schools... the world was going into complete chaos... I would speak [through music], and the world would listen. That's what they told me.