Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Myths

Default Myths

There's a story about two young Ted Nugent fans hiding inside a speaker cabinet, sneaking into one of his shows and bleeding to death due to the extreme power of Ted's sound. This story is obviously true, but what are some musical myths which have sprung up over the years?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to version For This Useful Post:

I'm sure everyone here has heard the one about Richard D. James supposedly living in the huge metal cube (a waterworks facility or something like that, I think?) in the middle of the roundabout at Elephant & Castle.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

There seem to be plenty of myths involving RDJ, most of them self-created.

I heard all those parakeets in London come from a pair released by Jimi Hendrix

6. The Following User Says Thank You to HMGovt For This Useful Post:

I remember being told that Marilyn Manson had had some of his ribs removed so that he could suck himself off.

Robert Johnson became the first great American bluesman after selling his soul to the devil.
    Courtney killed kurt.
    Paul is dead.
    original lyrics to the Tina turner hit were "what's lunch got to do with it"

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leo For This Useful Post:

John Duncan shagged a corpse.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to martin For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by version View Post
    There seem to be plenty of myths involving RDJ, most of them self-created.
    Ditto Marilyn Manson, I believe.

Oh yeah, the one about Marc Almond and a physically implausible volume of semen.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Quote Originally Posted by version View Post
    I remember being told that Marilyn Manson had had some of his ribs removed so that he could suck himself off.
    I heard that but about Prince.

Michael Jackson supposedly slept in an oxygen tent.

jim morrison was a CIA psyop

15. The Following User Says Thank You to mvuent For This Useful Post:

Yeah the rib removal and pint of semen ones seemed to be recycled for each new generation of popstars. For me I think I first heard Prince and Marc Almond but I can't be sure.
    With Marilyn Manson there was the one about how when he was a child he was in The Wonder years, he was the other kid (not the main one). I guess he kinda looks a bit like him and I can't be bothered to work out the dates so I'm gonna assume it's feasible on that score.

9602.jpg

Bryn 'Muslimgauze' Jones was murdered by Mossad.

Actually I think maybe it was just zhao who thought that.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Tea For This Useful Post:

the pint of semen myth-legend-rumor was also directed at Rod Stewart, would you believe. he was a considered a bit too flash to be properly manly. had a frilly scarf.

Quote Originally Posted by blissblogger View Post
    the pint of semen myth-legend-rumor was also directed at Rod Stewart, would you believe. he was a considered a bit too flash to be properly manly. had a frilly scarf.
    Yeah, and the whole shagging loads of women thing is a bit suspicious too if you ask me. Obviously trying to cover up for something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    Bryn 'Muslimgauze' Jones was murdered by Mossad.

Actually I think maybe it was just zhao who thought that.
    Many neo-nazis are still convinced that Mossad (working alongside MI5) offed Ian Stuart from Skrewdriver in '93 by tampering with the car steering wheel.

If Jones really was killed by Mossad, anyone who's so much as accidentally clicked on the PSC website should start bricking themselves.

I also heard the detached rib myth when I was at school, but can't recall who it was about now -might have even been Matthew Kelly?

Another one - apparently Billy Idol takes a pair of thigh-high leather boots with him on tour, and only groupies who fit the boots get a ride back to his hotel. Sounds plausible to me.

Oh yeah - 'The Pussycat Dolls are men'.