Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Independent Group

Default The Independent Group

There aren't many of them, they aren't officially a party, they don't seem to have any policies and they're essentially looking like a LibDem replacement. I can't see it lasting, but who knows? Odds on everyone involved rejoining their old parties within a year or two?

version, I step away from dissensus for a day on the beach (still) in the Dominican Republic and you've started, like, 25 new threads and bumped another dozen. you've certainly got the wind up yr butt (meant in a good way), gonna take me the weekend to catch up!
    Last edited by Leo; 22-03-2019 at 12:25 PM.

Dissensus's busiest week for 10 years actually even before version's spree

(& the Independents are a self-selected group of back-stabbers btw)

i'd have liked to have had a livestream of that meeting where Corbyn stormed out because Chuka Umunna isn't a "proper party leader". That's the only kind of thing that's going to restore national unity now. In a world where I might put a poster of John Bercow on my wall, something needs to happen fast.
    Last edited by baboon2004; 21-03-2019 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by baboon2004 View Post
    i'd have liked to have had a livestream of that meeting where Corbyn stormed out because Chuka Umunna isn't a "proper party leader". That's the only kind of thing that's going to restore national unity now. In a world where I might put a poster of John Bercow on my wall, something needs to happen fast.
    Before Chuka can be consulted as a party leader, he needs to have a party to lead. And setting up TIG formally as a party would require them to reveal their donors which they don't want to do. But until then, fuck off Chuka, you arsewipe.

I'd probably buy a Bercow poster though

Quote Originally Posted by subvert47 View Post
    Before Chuka can be consulted as a party leader, he needs to have a party to lead. And setting up TIG formally as a party would require them to reveal their donors which they don't want to do. But until then, fuck off Chuka, you arsewipe.

I'd probably buy a Bercow poster though
    Apparently these "Order Oaarder" ringtones are popular now.
    All true about Chuka - but when we're about to fall off the Brexit cliff I kinda feel Corbyn coulda let it slide a little and concentrated on trying to save the country.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to IdleRich For This Useful Post:

Corbyn comes over to me as a petualnt c***. What about all the talk to your enemies rhetoric? Since their founding TiG - or rather the threat or more MPs walking - have managed to bounce Labour closer to a second ref. (followed by the inevitable reversal) and contribute to gettting Chris Williamson suspeneed, both of which I salute them for. I don't have any faith in them beyond this but an interesting couple of contributions for their opening gambit. I hope they strenghten Tom Watson and other Lab MPs against the Leadership.

Chuka wasn't supposed to be there. The meeting was a waste of time according to Cable. He met with May anyway, but why not have a pointless meeting with the head of the we hate Jeremy Corbyn club?

Droid: It might have been a deliberate attempt to annoy him I guess but yielding to it seems daft. And mind you, attirbuting cunning or forethought to May at the moment seems a hellvua reach.

He did have to attend the British Kebab Awards later that night so probably he was pressed for time.

(Not actually a joke )

Idk. I'm not sure what's tragic and what isn't anymore.

Hang on, are we talking about Corbyn here? Doesn't sound very vegetarian-friendly.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Quote Originally Posted by DannyL View Post
    Since their founding TiG - or rather the threat or more MPs walking - have managed to bounce Labour closer to a second ref.
    Labour has been doing exactly what was decided collectively at conference, which includes the possibility of supporting a second referendum. But that has no chance of passing in a Commons vote until every other option has been explored, as the People's Vote campaign itself made clear the other week.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyL View Post
    I hope they strenghten Tom Watson and other Lab MPs against the Leadership.
    All Tom Watson and his PLP mates want is a return to New Labour status quo bollocks. The Labour leadership is supported by the half million membership, who want actual meaningful change.

If we crash out of the EU with no deal then we'll get meaningful change, all right.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Tea For This Useful Post: