Gilets Jaunes

version

Apparently they're into their nineteenth week now. I dunno much about what they're doing or why at this point, but I can't help but admire their persistence.

firefinga

They are apparently (lower) middle class - or at least those who started it. Hit by both increasing fuel/Petrol prices and taxes leaving them less and less money in their pockets. Basically it'sthe folx that keep the country going. And then you have a pretentous, condescending president in power who's "base" is the 5% of the richest in the country. Will lead to frictions sooner or later.

Of course, by now that amorphous movement has been highjacked by several radicals (both from the right and left).

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Whether he's got a direct hand in it or not - and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he does - I think it's fair to say Putin is enjoying the whole spectacle.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
what i don't understand is, why is this not happening in the uk? or in germany? there's every reason for it, just as there is in france.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
a few bits have showed up in the uk according to some headlines

but the french are always ahead when it comes to this stuff

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
what i don't understand is, why is this not happening in the uk? or in germany? there's every reason for it, just as there is in france.

Oh we've got shouty incoherent bigots here a-plenty, and some of them have even taking to wearing those snazzy yellow jackets!

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind

this is annoying me for a longer time now. you see it at climate protests as well: so called funny placards. it's so counterproductive. when and where did this memeification happen? why is everything presented as a joke now?

Leo

when was the last time people revolted in the uk?

based on photos for this weekend, lots of London protesters look more like a bunch of cheeky graphic designers and other creative types who spend their time creating witty signs and elaborate papier-mâché figures which they parade around with on a sunny Sunday afternoon stroll-cum-social event as opposed to angry GJ's smashing store windows and looting.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps

this is annoying me for a longer time now. you see it at climate protests as well: so called funny placards. it's so counterproductive. when and where did this memeification happen? why is everything presented as a joke now?

Oh god, there's a placard in Latin. Well if anything can bury the "metropolitan elite" stereotype once and for all, it's surely that!

And one comparing Brexit to the outbreak of WWII. Yes it's a big deal but come the fuck ooon, jesus.