Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are We Frightened?

It's time to cheer ourselves up with some Don Delillo and William Burroughs and Autechre!

Woohooooo

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Corpsey For This Useful Post:

Violent aggressive rap music used to cheer me up but now bartys convinced them all to go psychedelic and make baby noises.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by yyaldrin View Post
    area's affected most by climate change lay in the global south, the periphery that is already being exploited and stolen of its wealth. there will still be plenty of land to live on in case of climate change i think. we're talking about 1-5% of the global population. they don't have any reason to be frightened i think.
    Yeah, this is my take, basically. Rising sea levels? Fine, don't live in a low-lying coastal region. Ever-worsening heat waves? Summer home in Norway/Nova Scotia/halfway up a mountain somewhere. Spiraling cost of basic foods? Doesn't matter when you live on Kobe sirloin and caviar. Droughts everywhere? Who cares, if you drink San Pellegrino anyway. Societal breakdown and ramping violent crime? Gated communities, armed security etc.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Tea For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    Violent aggressive rap music used to cheer me up but now bartys convinced them all to go psychedelic and make baby noises.
    Sometimes I catch myself listening to a glum droning William basinsky album and realise I'm putting myself in a shit mood here

For some reason I'm determined to be serious and glum in private, I can't allow myself fun, I must be miserable, I never watch comedy shows even

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Corpsey For This Useful Post:

I've become an expert, accidentally, at avoiding anxiety by being depressed and nihilistic

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Corpsey For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
    It's time to cheer ourselves up with some Don Delillo and William Burroughs and Autechre!

Woohooooo

Today's mass anxieties and depression is the price secular societies have to pay.

Today's mass anxieties and depression is the price secular societies have to pay.
    Maybe true - interested in the precise details of what that deal might be though if you can elaborate.

I've never met anyone with less insight into their own internal processes than you so I'm not taking this as evidence of anything in particular. Your needs and emotions are an undiscovered continent.
    I'm wondering what your edit took out

I don't buy it anyway. Way back in 2003 you were writing a blog called 'A TIME FOR FEAR' and inventing Islamophobia. Your catchphrase is 'Doom' why would you choose 2019 of all years to suddenly stop being afraid. It don't add up.

I was genuinely terrified by the turn of events in the early 00s, but writing about it was cathartic. I learnt to rationalise it. That's why my next blog was called World War Four.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to craner For This Useful Post:

I don't buy it anyway. Way back in 2003 you were writing a blog called 'A TIME FOR FEAR' and inventing Islamophobia. Your catchphrase is 'Doom' why would you choose 2019 of all years to suddenly stop being afraid. It don't add up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    At this stage, I almost feel like if you're not frightened, it's for one of three reasons: you're not paying attention, you're currently high on something pleasantly numbing or you're one of the people everyone else is frightened of.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Tea For This Useful Post:

Top definition
    Craner
    Wise and wild~~~~unique and down to earth.
    craner is there for everyone. She is wise beyond her years yet young and fun!!
    #crane#kraner#cranner#kranner#kramer
    by hottcougar February 03, 2010

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to version For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by version View Post
    Top definition
    Craner
    Wise and wild~~~~unique and down to earth.
    craner is there for everyone. She is wise beyond her years yet young and fun!!
    #crane#kraner#cranner#kranner#kramer
    by hottcougar February 03, 2010
    Very accurate.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to craner For This Useful Post:

My actual phrase was "the Desmond Morris of Doom" which was true enough in the 2003 days until I got on board with Paul Wolfowitz.