Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Are We Frightened?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    I haven't watched a new Bond movie in many years but I'd watch the hell out of the next one if you wrote the screenplay based on this idea.
    Funny you should say that since that idea was spawned from a game I like to play called the Bond Supervillain Game. The object of the game is to come up with apocalyptic or near apocalyptic scenarios (which seem... er.... plausible enough) that CANNOT BE TRACED TO A SOURCE. Another idea: a fake communications satellite housing an ultradense metal ball (like a giant bullet) and either slighshotting it around the Moon or dropping it from orbit onto a bedrock of shale or some material that would create a cloud of dust that would envelop the Earth for, say, 10 years. Timing here is the key so you get a direct hit.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Agent Nucleus For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nucleus View Post
    You know this thought has crept into my head from time to time over the past couple years: What if a landlocked bad actor in the East (China, Russia, N Korea if we have a falling out) dropped nukes on the blue ice in Greenland when it is exposed in the Summer? Wouldn't this trigger a cascading melt effect that would instantly submerge the eastern seaboard of the US and most of Western Europe? And isn't Greenland unrestricted airspace or at least unmonitored for nuclear subs and the like? You might not even need nukes, and it would hit so fast no one would know who was responsible.
    Ha! I have an unfinished short story along those lines except its radical environmentalists attempting to trigger a breakdown in the gulfstream by detonating nuclear material in the defunct US greenland base, resulting in a mini ice age in the US and Western Europe followed by an increase in albedo and refreezing of the arctic, thus saving the world from climate change and forcing the worst offenders to face the consequences of their (in)actions.

Scary thing is there is a not 0% chance that this may happen anyway. It happened before when breaches in ice walls in Canada and the US sent a deluge of fresh water into the north atlantic, resulting in the rapid freezing of Northern Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by HMGovt View Post
    Great way to fritter away a nuclear stockpile with no discernible effect on anything
    Sigh, there you go applying your so-called 'logic'. This is why you're not a supervillain.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Tea For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    Sigh, there you go applying your so-called 'logic'. This is why you're not a supervillain.
    Now drilling into the Yellowstone caldera and detonating nukes above the magma chamber there, that would be "worthwhile"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HMGovt For This Useful Post:

Fair point.

I like the idea of:

* inserting DNA from liberty caps into cultivated mushrooms so they make a fuckton of psilocybin but look and taste normal
    * infiltrate the North American mushroom farming business and get all mushroom farmers using this new GM spawn
    * promote a 'National Pizza Day' or similar
    * enough people are now tripping balls to send the USA into total meltdown
    * at this point your forces strike, and within a week you've declared yourself Dictator
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

I don't know. That many people tripping simultaneously on mushrooms might create some kind of indestructible hive mind. I just envision everyone falling into a collective trance, humming at some weird insect/alien frequency, and being welcomed into like a benevolent galactic ecosystem of intelligent beings.

But back to the original question. Yes. Yes I am scared. Of myself. My last three Google searches were "blockchain money laundering", "what does heart meat taste like?," and "what does human meat taste like?" My last box from Amazon contained two 7.5" meat hooks, two hand wraps, and a bottle of PG solution.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Agent Nucleus For This Useful Post:

I don't know. That many people tripping simultaneously on mushrooms might create some kind of indestructible hive mind. I just envision everyone falling into a collective trance, humming at some weird insect/alien frequency, and being welcomed into like a benevolent galactic ecosystem of intelligent beings.
    Hmm, that could be how the would-be supervillain's plan backfires. Or maybe it's what the mushrooms had in mind all along, and he was just a tool in their grand cosmic plan?

But back to the original question. Yes. Yes I am scared. Of myself. My last three Google searches were "blockchain money laundering", "what does heart meat taste like?," and "what does human meat taste like?" My last box from Amazon contained two 7.5" meat hooks, two hand wraps, and a bottle of PG solution.
    Please never stop being weird.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Tea For This Useful Post:

Too many moving parts.
    How about getting the world hooked on devices that ruin the mind, earth rebellion, atomise society AND bathe you in high frequency radiation all day every day.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to HMGovt For This Useful Post:

Shit man, I heard RADIATION is even worse for you than CHEMICALS!