pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Nightshades don't agree with me, damn. Figs are OK tho. Peaches and especially flat ones are lovely. Does that cover all the main food groups?

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
perhaps technically correct, but not realistically. peaches, figs and pepper will not feed the masses who make up your favorite punching bag, the bourgeois/capitalist world.

well they feed my people and that's enough.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
when my parents came here in early 80s all they could get is mouldy potatos, onion and pork. imagine how they felt when even in grinding poverty they could still eat some fruit? and this was touted as a paradise, but actually if it wasn't for us and indians youse would be starving to death either way.

and, of course, pig products being prohibited in islam and judaism this was a serious issue. mouldy potato and onion is not something you can survive on longterm.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
no, my original point was that I'm not frightened because a spike in temperatures doesn't indicate a climate catastrophe for me, aridification does. we grow fruits in 50 degree temperatures all the time, because we have a wet climate as well. it's not just about heat.

It's not a 'spike' though, is it? It's an irreversible long-term trend.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
getting more and more death threats from car drivers lately. they frighten me sometimes. some people really turn into psychopaths once they're in a car no?

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
put on your metal exoskeleton, climb up the traffic hierarchy ladder and crush all those slow and annoying little ants on your path.

luka

getting more and more death threats from car drivers lately. they frighten me sometimes. some people really turn into psychopaths once they're in a car no?

You can see the same thing in people who have built huge muscle bound sinewy bodies, this assumption of priority and dominance based on a feeling of invulnerability and command of force. Alpha. That the little people have to scatter before them, obesquient and cowering. Angry vein throbbing in the neck.

DannyL

Wild Horses
I am yeah. Directly, about getting ill as well as worried about kids and family. I'm still a bit stunned at how quickly everything has unravelled, is unravelling. Hope it doesn't get bad.

I know a Lukimi (Santeria) priestess - it's affected her plans to go to Cuba. She's framing it as the Orisha (the tutelary spirits/gods/whatever in that system) finally having had enough of our bullshit.

Last edited: