craner

Beast of Burden

Tom & Jerry, 'Maximum Style'

As close to the perfect jungle tune I can imagine. They had so many good tracks under this nom de plume, but this is the first I heard and loved hard. So many ideas, passages, suggestive samples, so much atmosphere. Nobody mentions how atmospheric these tunes were in 94, the goregous, evocative snatches of melody that channeled the romance and mystery of London and this scene at the time. It still gives me chills (nostalgic ones now) to this day. I guess this maxes out my Marc and Dego allocation, so no 4 Hero rhythmic psychedelia, but I'll leave that the Corpse the Adjudicator to decide.

craner

Beast of Burden

Goblin, 'Suspiria'

Maximum style - Italian style!

No Cranon would be complete without Goblin, and even though I have a batch of amazing Goblin obscurities up my sleeve (check out The Heroin Busters soundtrack!) what is the point in going for anything other than their definitive tune:

craner

Beast of Burden

Bruno Nicolai, 'Eyeball'

So many Nicolai tunes, and 'The Case of the Bloody Iris' almost went here instead, although it sounds almost identical to be fair. This is a typical, easy sweep of beauty that these cats just purred out like it was nothing. This is from a pretty ropey Umberto Lenzi giallo, in case you care. The music is the best thing about it. But what music! I remember playing the 'Bloody Iris' theme to Jim on a CD walkman while we were drinking at Borough Market once and he said, "this is music to walk down the street to like a peacock." I said, "Jim, I already do."

Last edited:

sadmanbarty

Can we please refer to him as fat jim. Its more colourful.

when i met him the first time i was really worried i would off handidly refer to him as fat jim.

didn't luckily, but started doing therapy on him while we waited for simon to touch base with all the boring people before bantering with the lads.

according to luke i started flirting with a woman 3 times my age right in front of her husband.

luka

This is true. Deep intense eye contact. Calling her darling. Possibly playing footsie. .. can't remember

craner

Beast of Burden

Ennio Morricone, 'Come Maddalena'

Very hard to select something from the Maestro. Would it be 'Citta Violenta', the tune that launched a very famous blog? Or would it be the theme from A Fistful of Dynamite? Or maybe an electro obscurity from Robodog?

No. It's this amazing epic:

Slim Jim once took me to The Record Album in Brighton, a record shop owned by 90 year old George Ginn, who once met Ennio. Fantastic Day.

Last edited:

luka

Please call him fat jim. It gives readers the feeling they know him. Its matey. Jovial.

luka

They played"if you were here tonight" in the barbers today while I was waiting for a trim. (Not the kurds. I was cheating on them)

sadmanbarty

They played"if you were here tonight" in the barbers today while I was waiting for a trim. (Not the kurds. I was cheating on them)

i had it on a loop for 40 minutes during an unexpectedly mild acid trip on friday. golden. shimmering guitars. absolutely joyous.