padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
Tho I can only chalk up picking The Beautiful Ones to the same streak of perversity that leads to abiding passion for Killah Priest, Eastern European female political figures, and etc

version

Kiss is a very literal example of the hollowness Corpsey was talking about in the Penman thread, imo. The whole thing sounds as though it's had the air sucked out of it, like someone built a track with a black hole at the centre.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I'm in favour of Craner becoming a list machine but can we have some of your marvellous writing to accompany your next one? Thanks m8

Leo

I'm thinking Beagle is another Dissensian under a pseudonym. Came out firing a Barty in a pretty pointed, personal way, tapping back to our boy's earliest posts when he was still getting his feet wet. That's a little rough for a new member to pull off.

luka

I'm thinking Beagle is another Dissensian under a pseudonym. Came out firing a Barty in a pretty pointed, personal way, tapping back to our boy's earliest posts when he was still getting his feet wet. That's a little rough for a new member to pull off.

Barty swears it's not him. I was convinced it was.

craner

Beast of Burden
It's a song about where I work, sung by the Byrds!

I only made the connection tonight and got overexcited.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Sod all that, we want another 100.

Bit of light relief as a sideshow to our flame war with conceptronica.

Leo

Barty swears it's not him. I was convinced it was.

yeah, I wasn't thinking it was barty, that would have been a little weird to attack himself.

maybe it is a new person and they figured dissensus was like prison, where new guys arrive and immediate pick a fight with the biggest meanest inmate in order to establish themselves as a badass not to be messed with. someone who wants to steal his crown, knock him down a peg.

Last edited:

luka

Yeah but originally the attack was around drill and bartys so desperate to have someone to talk about drill with I could easily imagine him making someone up. A pretend beagle. And then crushing them in an argument. Making them concede and apologise. Seemed feasible