droid

Events etc goes into music. Everything else goes into thought.

We're the remnants of a once grand family wandering the echoing halls of a dusty mansion. Shut down the unused wings, move all the furniture into a couple of rooms. Save on the heating bills.

Leo

dissensus has been fine -- enjoyable even -- in recent months. while things can always improve, I'm not sure there are any issues that need to be resolved.

let's face it, not all threads are as interesting as the original posters might think they are. people like what they like, and trying to guide or manage everyone's participation is probably only occasionally successful to any noticeable degree. and some threads are just entertaining to read, even if one doesn't feel motivated to contribute.

I will say that version's threads tend to feel inviting. they often encourage participation because they're (consciously or not) positioned in a way that feels open. he comes across as genuinely interested in hearing and learning from others. "hey, is anyone into XYZ? I think it's interesting because blah blah blah, curious to know what others think", etc. it's welcoming.

Last edited:

version

I reckon threads on individual artists, releases, films or whatever would be useful and keep things moving a bit rather than everything getting swallowed up by larger threads and rolling posts. You need a bit of both, imo.

luka

the feminine pressure thread was the pinnacle of dissensus.

a broad topic which all corners of dissensus engaged with in their own way. it meant you were taking one overarching theme and exploring it through the different paradigms different posters would offer; feminism, mythology, politics, sex, etc. it was all encompassing. it allowed for dissensus' autistic side to cohabit with it's sensual side. intellectual side with the banter side. the dry side and the psychadelic side. it was everything.

We've lost corpsey though. And everything relied on him as you pointed out. We might find a new corpsey one day or we might find a new system that isn't based on that particular arrangement of parts but until then we seem to have a mechAnical problem.

droid

We've lost corpsey though. And everything relied on him as you pointed out. We might find a new corpsey one day or we might find a new system that isn't based on that particular arrangement of parts but until then we seem to have a mechAnical problem.

Where did we leave him? Have you checked behind the couch?

catalog

I'm going to have to go supermarket or chip shop. Work this out for me while I'm gone. What do we need to do?

what did you end up getting? I just had a 'texas tornado' (meal) with peri fries and coke, for lunch, from 'archies' which is a sort of knock off mcdonalds. 50p sugar tax on the uncut coke.

luka

Puy lentils, parsley, feta, red pepper, onions, peas, runner beans, broccoli, cling film, grapes, yoghurt.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I remember the feminine pressure thread being an acrimoniuous nightmare btw but memory might be at fault

luka

I remember the feminine pressure thread being an acrimoniuous nightmare btw but memory might be at fault

It ended up a bit acrimonious but before that it was one of the top four or five threads ever. If I can work out hiw to successfully copy and paste from the ipad in going to ressurect it minus the ugly bits. Lots of unfinished business there. A good shared project everyone can get involved in.

catalog

i might go back and read it - i did once print out a dissensus thread, maybe the dematerialisation one, but it wasn't the same.

healthy lunch there luka

luka

It's bursting with ideas and directions to explore. Wsit till I get an expurgated version set up. It was very, very special.