thirdform

pass the sick bucket
until recently i’d just assumed we all wanted the same thing and all that was required was a few presentational tweaks. the thinking was everyone would get involved if i could just find the right topic/ limit the jokes/ get this specific person going/be more encouraging/etc.

luke it’s time to admit it’s game over. they genuinely don’t want what we want.

i’d say the split is largely down to whether you’re interested in generating new ideas or not. me and you come on dissensus wanting to come up with new bodies of thought or to frame things in a way we’ve never encountered before. it’s only very recently that i’ve realised that dissensians by and large aren’t coming here to do that.

where we’re generative, they’re referential. 'listen to this bit of music'. 'read this quote'. 'i’ve read this book’. ‘watch this film’. ’this article’s good’. usually there’ll be a small value judgement attached or a brief comment- ‘i like/don’t like x because of y’- which is completely fine of course, but it isn’t what we’re ultimately after.

I mean I grant I can be guilty of this sometime but when I raise the point for instance that fascists can be into afro-american culture, it goes so against the prevailing wisdom that the nazis and fash were supernatural monsters and nothing more than that. Which is strange given that skrewdriver's white power rock has the blues running all through it. apologies if I've been dismissive in that regard but it seems like sometimes people want to focus on ideologies.

Like, it's very convenient to say masculinism is all about discipline, control, hence authoritarian, and femininity and miscegeniation is all about the oceanic, about the orgasm and liberty, etc etc.

But for every pronouncement you can make in that regard you can always find counter examples.

Last edited:

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
like, i don't have the same amount of music theory chops as barty to describe what I'm looking for in music. so sometimes I can be reverential in that regard. But I'm not all against new stuff, I've posted in the radio thread, I've repped some new electronic stuff on here, granted its a minority but that's only because I'm ainly focusing on old stuff. I'm an outsider to most scenes in london in 2019. I can't help it. I am kind of looking at this all from a semi-home listening context. If I was going out maybe I'd be more enthused about less abstract stuff.

luka

I mean I grant I can be guilty of this sometime but when I raise the point for instance that fascists can be into afro-american culture, it goes so against the prevailing wisdom that the nazis and fash were supernatural monsters and nothing more than that. Which is strange given that skrewdriver's white power rock has the blues running all through it. apologies if I've been dismissive in that regard but it seems like sometimes people want to focus on ideologies.

Like, it's very convenient to say masculinism is all about discipline, control, hence authoritarian, and femininity and miscegeniation is all about the oceanic, about the orgasm and liberty, etc etc.

But for every pronouncement you can make in that regard you can always find counter examples.

Nobody was talking about masculine and feminine. That wasn't the framework.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
alright I'll read the femdom thread more carefully later. tbf the whole quoting of past posts one after an other turned me off a bit.

luka

Doesn't matter no one understands it. I might try again next year. Sometimes somethings too early.

luka

Also its hard to read online. Its like a drunk conversation where no one is actually listening and everyones speaking at cross purposes

mvuent

Void Dweller
until recently i’d just assumed we all wanted the same thing and all that was required was a few presentational tweaks. the thinking was everyone would get involved if i could just find the right topic/ limit the jokes/ get this specific person going/be more encouraging/etc.

luke it’s time to admit it’s game over. they genuinely don’t want what we want.

i’d say the split is largely down to whether you’re interested in generating new ideas or not. me and you come on dissensus wanting to come up with new bodies of thought or to frame things in a way we’ve never encountered before. it’s only very recently that i’ve realised that dissensians by and large aren’t coming here to do that.
I think some outside the most frequent posters are. I find that a lot of interesting threads here move really fast. by the time I think of something to say you've moved on and abandoned the thread and I'm like a month late. not everyone is as voluble as you, luka and third lol.

Last edited:

sadmanbarty

i haven't come up with a name for my dissensus 'the expendibles' yet, buy mvuentt, you're in. welcome to the team.

luka

I think I should start being abusive again. I've tried being everyone's dad but I'm bored of it now. Everyone secretly wants me to start being horrible again

luka

not everyone is as voluble as you, luka and third lol.

We don't work we're magic tramps

sadmanbarty

we need a team name.

the ayatollah's? [suf would fucking being the king of a forum with an insurgent group called the ayatollah's in it]

LGBT- Luka, God, Barty and Thirdform. then i can say "mvnuett, you're lgbt". when someone says something smart we can call it 'coming out'.

preferably the name would have some corpsey element to it.

need to think.

sadmanbarty

We’ve built up a a whole paradigm, a whole framework to work off of. we need to consolidate it into a thread somewhere and encourage new people to take a look at it.

masculine-feminine, 'two archetypal psychedlias’, anti-humanism, atomisation.

a cohesive, coherent body.

all that and we still haven't even come up with a team name. like when the justice league save the world and before they're even a team yet.

luka

We’ve built up a a whole paradigm, a whole framework to work off of. we need to consolidate it into a thread somewhere and encourage new people to take a look at it.

all that and we still haven't even come up with a team name. like when the justice league save the world and before they're even a team yet.

The cool club

luka

Don't forget pantheism. We can work with that.