Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Substantive Discussion. What It Is & How To Get It.

In the room of cosmic plumbing recalibration is in progress.

i get this feeling often that dissensus is the same person but on a sort of scale from alkaline to acid
    Corpsey.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

50 Shades of Luka

My feeling atm is that it's a question of combos. We're always working with small ensembles which form out of a larger floating pool. Derek Baileys company week. Some of these combos have chemistry and sparks fly, others seem not to work so well. Quite interesting. It means I'm less inclined to blame specific individuals or myself now. It's all group dynamics.

makes sense, well said. interesting groups are the ones made up of individuals who work well together. an overly verbose soloist, even if talented, can throw everything off and make the performance less interesting.

Can't you get arts council funding or something so everyone can get paid for the important work here, i mean the extinction rebellion lot were candid enough about the remuneration they were looking for from all those donations... not such a stretch really...

Irregularly binge eating the threads here is exhilarating but like someone else said, if youre not lucky enough to have a alienating desk job you can skive off all day to log on here, a four week break and 60000 posts later, you're left gaping at how far discussions have moved on between the central players and stage fright kicks in. suffice to say, there are probably a lot of people standing in the corner rubbing their pants with weird twisted glee, which admittedly isn't quite enough to stave off the disillusionment and frustration felt by everyone actually getting stuck into the lubed up chemsex party, but, y know, point is there is often a lot of very brilliant stuff on here, with a wider appreciative audience than is made clear, doesnt seem too faulty to me.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kumar For This Useful Post:

how wide is the influence of this place , how much of the substantive discussion has left the forum, how many lurkers have been fired up in the pub about dematerialisation 6 months after it was discussed here?

probably like 7 max but still

In my head it's something in the region of 5000. I told Derek Walmsley we wanna do a dematerialisation special and he totally blanked me and unfollowed me from twitter lol... so bad!
    Last edited by luka; 28-04-2019 at 05:15 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

We could totally save the wire. I truly believe we coulr rescue it

Quote Originally Posted by kumar View Post
    if youre not lucky enough to have a alienating desk job you can skive off all day to log on here
    that bit made me laugh out loud.

I'm continually amazed at how much discussion there is, on all sorts of topics, and how quick it all moves. It seemed to go a bit quiet for a bit when twitter was in the ascendant, but now it's back, there's more even.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to catalog For This Useful Post: