sadmanbarty

we'll lobby suf to sticky it. induct the whole next generation of dissensians into the cool club straight away.

feminine- masculine

pantheism- iconisation

womb-orgasm

?- antihumanism

see how the blade runner syndrome fits into all that. dematerialisation too.

luka

we'll lobby suf to sticky it. induct the whole next generation of dissensians into the cool club straight away.

feminine- masculine

pantheism- iconisation

womb-orgasm

?- antihumanism

see how the blade runner syndrome fits into all that. dematerialisation too.

Hopefully third stops fidgeting and just accepts that the language and the conceptual framework works and he can use it without any ideological sacrifices or compromise. Then corpse will realise he's already fluent in it and will jump right in. All the new kids will be naturals. The compound will erect itself.

luka

might have another pop and mono- and multi- culture at some point, if i get you on board it becomes canon.

Yeah have another crack. Why not just fiddle with the terminology? Might go down easier? It's like how masculine and feminine have too much baggage.

luka

My feeling atm is that it's a question of combos. We're always working with small ensembles which form out of a larger floating pool. Derek Baileys company week. Some of these combos have chemistry and sparks fly, others seem not to work so well. Quite interesting. It means I'm less inclined to blame specific individuals or myself now. It's all group dynamics.

Leo

makes sense, well said. interesting groups are the ones made up of individuals who work well together. an overly verbose soloist, even if talented, can throw everything off and make the performance less interesting.

kumar

Can't you get arts council funding or something so everyone can get paid for the important work here, i mean the extinction rebellion lot were candid enough about the remuneration they were looking for from all those donations... not such a stretch really...

Irregularly binge eating the threads here is exhilarating but like someone else said, if youre not lucky enough to have a alienating desk job you can skive off all day to log on here, a four week break and 60000 posts later, you're left gaping at how far discussions have moved on between the central players and stage fright kicks in. suffice to say, there are probably a lot of people standing in the corner rubbing their pants with weird twisted glee, which admittedly isn't quite enough to stave off the disillusionment and frustration felt by everyone actually getting stuck into the lubed up chemsex party, but, y know, point is there is often a lot of very brilliant stuff on here, with a wider appreciative audience than is made clear, doesnt seem too faulty to me.

kumar

how wide is the influence of this place , how much of the substantive discussion has left the forum, how many lurkers have been fired up in the pub about dematerialisation 6 months after it was discussed here?

probably like 7 max but still

luka

In my head it's something in the region of 5000. I told Derek Walmsley we wanna do a dematerialisation special and he totally blanked me and unfollowed me from twitter lol... so bad!

Last edited:

catalog

if youre not lucky enough to have a alienating desk job you can skive off all day to log on here

that bit made me laugh out loud.

I'm continually amazed at how much discussion there is, on all sorts of topics, and how quick it all moves. It seemed to go a bit quiet for a bit when twitter was in the ascendant, but now it's back, there's more even.