muser

Just really didn't need to see Aryas side boob just not nice when you've basically seen the character grow up. I dunno why they didnt have more of these non-eventful episodes and filled out last season a bit more to normal length with more character development etc I guess they just knew they wouldn't be able to do it well.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
don't want to come off as a troll because each his own fun but the comment on this page and the page before are hilarious if you don't know anything about the show.

droid

Just really didn't need to see Aryas side boob just not nice when you've basically seen the character grow up. I dunno why they didnt have more of these non-eventful episodes and filled out last season a bit more to normal length with more character development etc I guess they just knew they wouldn't be able to do it well.

I thought this one was super eventful. Laid the ground for future wars, new claims to the throne, characters who've never met finally hooking up. Set the kettle simmering on a few different hobs.

Brienne is totally gonna die.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I felt uncomfortable watching Arya get it on too. In my mind she's still about 12 not in her... what... 30s?
Next one is surely gonna be an absolute super-long megabattle on an enormous and unprecedented scale. My prediction is that the Others will win, several characters will die (and maybe a couple even become zombies) but a few of the hardcore will survive and flee south to somehow plot the human resistance. So this will be like the darkest hour which they have 5 episodes to recover from.
I reckon the following people will die; The Hound, Brienne, Jamie, Ed, maybe Tormund... possibly one from Jon, Dany, Tyrion. Some others too. Not Arya.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I felt uncomfortable watching Arya get it on too. In my mind she's still about 12 not in her... what... 30s?

Ha, Maisie Williams is now 22, the internet tells me, but I know what you mean - she seems to have somehow failed to age in the viewer's eye, whereas Bran and Sansa are now pretty clearly adults by now.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Although I read some fan theory the other day about how Arya is already dead, we didn't actually see her fight in the dark with The Waif so maybe she was actually killed and the other one took her face and pretended that she was Arya. Seems a bit weird though, if so why would she go around killing Arya's enemies?

droid

Brienne, Theon, Beric... maybe Tormund or Jamie, not Tyrion.

There's only 6 episodes this season BTW.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Although I read some fan theory the other day about how Arya is already dead, we didn't actually see her fight in the dark with The Waif so maybe she was actually killed and the other one took her face and pretended that she was Arya. Seems a bit weird though, if so why would she go around killing Arya's enemies?

Not only that, she also shot Mr Burns AND is Keyser Soze.

IdleRich

IdleRich
OK three more (long) episodes for the humans to fight back. My girlfriend is predicting that the Night's King will be defeated in the next episode and the rest of it will be north vs south or whatever. I don't buy that though.

version

... the reason GRRM can't finish writing is that the two central themes of the work would be necessarily betrayed by the process of arriving at an ending. Hence it is entirely fitting that the novels never be finished, needing to make the jump across formats to the simplified fantasies of television in order to append a conclusion to the inescapable morass of the text.

The two themes, by the way, are the endless fractal complexity of political relations and the traumatic failure of the naive teleological view of history.

Thoughts?

IdleRich

IdleRich
Thoughts?
I reckon it's more cos he can't be arsed. I did think something similar in a way though, like whoever ends on the iron throne are you supposed to think "And they all lived happily ever after, his/her reign was good and wise and his/her children and grandchildren reigned afterwards for hundreds of years"? More likely, even if the story ends, you know that whoever is king or queen will be poisoned next week by some other power hungry git. Then again that's it, he's succeeded in creating a world that feels believable and that we are just witnessing a snapshot of it. One way of dividing history into stories that start and end but there are countless others.
Did anyone read The Accursed Kings?

IdleRich

IdleRich
So, an entire day avoiding spoilers by Americans.
In UK and Portugal it's on at the same time as in US though isn't it? I watched it on normal telly here anyway and... well it's a good job you said that cos I was about to wade in with spoilers all over the shop.

IdleRich

IdleRich
It was on at 2AM last night in the US. Official showing for Europe is tonight.
It was on 2am UK time in the US. It was also on in Portugal at that time and I thought it was on in the UK too. Anyway, the point is you haven't seen it yet so there is no discussion just now. I'm keen to hear what others think anyway but I guess I'll just have to wait.

droid

It was, but I doubt that many people stayed up on a work night to watch the dragon boobs show.

version

I enjoyed it in the moment, but the writing was poor in places and the lighting was atrocious. As soon as we heard that "the dead will be here by nightfall" in the previous episode, I knew that we'd end up with some pitch black battle where you couldn't make out any of the action and that's pretty much what happened.