Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Gnomes Series 8

Default Game of Gnomes Series 8

So momentous it gets its own thread

On Portuguese telly they showed the entirety of Season 1 last night and they're showing 2 tonight. I'm guessing they're gonna blast through the whole load of it to get everyone suitably wet-tipped for the new one... when will normal people be able to watch that anyway?

I watched the entire first season twice in two days but I was a) unemployed and b) a freak

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Corpsey For This Useful Post:

I'm halfway through season 5 (again). Pretty psyched about the new one. I just hope it's still possible to watch stuff on those dodgy TV websites.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

I watched the entire first season twice in two days but I was a) unemployed and b) a freak
    Both applied to me but why twice?

think i saw an episode once, thought it was lame. i can see how it appeals to this forum tho given the current wave of pedophiles, genocide deniers and alt-right youtube stars.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yyaldrin For This Useful Post:

If you just saw a random episode then you might have missed some of the sweep of the major plot themes. To be fair I think that at the start especially it was the fact that the overall story that was so strong that covered over some of the slightly stilted acting of some and the not quite epic sets and mise en scene. Later on they obviously had a bigger budget (growing towards pretty much infinite by the end) and the actors had practised so much that they thought they were those characters, so I can accept that if you just watched a random episode near the start not knowing what was going on then all you have would be some kids in period costume learning to act and saying silly names.

Quote Originally Posted by yyaldrin View Post
    i can see how it appeals to this forum tho given the current wave of pedophiles
    I feel like I've missed an important memo...
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    I feel like I've missed an important memo...
    Pedos- billy eilish thread
    Genocide deniers (literal) - droid
    Alt right you tube stars - josef k

So how does that lead to GOT? Escapism?

I've never known a show with more (near) universal appeal. Every tom dick and Harry (and tamara, Harriet and whatever the female equivalent of dick would be - no don't even bother) is into it. You can't tar GOT fans with a brush, there is no brush that big.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Corpsey For This Useful Post:

Yeah, I just watched it cos I couldn't escape it, I really enjoyed it and then I read all the books in about two weeks. I persuaded my girlfriend - who swore blind she would hate it - to watch a few episodes and now she's going "What's gonna happen with the Night's King?" and can't wait for series 8. Some bits are better than others and of course there are some silly moments but overall it's just a great story on a huge scale told pretty much as well as could possibly be done.

It's possible that the ending will disappoint though as it diverges further from the books.... though the books have some bits that feel like bad decisions too (Caetelyn Stark coming back to life, the Targaryen heir turning up alive etc) - for me the ideal story would actually be somewhere between the books and the telly show.

I think it's the best telly ever.

Barty sneers at it cos it's swords and dragons and midgets.