luka

You're European and haven't been infantalised. You get treated like adults over there so you feel obliged to watch serious adult films like Betty Blue. Different culture.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
'the episode i saw was about a midget having sex with a woman. can't remember if it was a human woman, or an elf woman or whatever species. the midget then got thrown out of the window.'

:crylarf:

This was episode 1 and you've mixed up two storylines. The other midget was a child.

Anyway, what's wrong with a midget having sex with a woman? HUH?

MAYBE YOU'RE THE ALTRIGHTIST

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
'the episode i saw was about a midget having sex with a woman. can't remember if it was a human woman, or an elf woman or whatever species. the midget then got thrown out of the window.'

:crylarf:

This was episode 1 and you've mixed up two storylines. The other midget was a child.

Anyway, what's wrong with a midget having sex with a woman? HUH?

MAYBE YOU'RE THE ALTRIGHTIST

oh could be, it's a long time ago.
but yeh if its consensual then nothing wrong with that. but why is it good entertainment? i don't see the appeal apart from people with specific fetishes?

droid

The last season was terrible. These fuckers cant write, and Martin for his many faults, knew how to plot.

Its gonna be spectacular and shit.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
could also be that the woman was half-horse or something.

You fantasized centaur ladies into it a few years ago, I recall. There are definitely no half-horse-people in GoT but I have to say, it would be even better if there were.

version

I think they've overreached themselves and haven't had enough time to cover everything adequately, there were a fair few episodes which felt as though you got five minutes or so focusing on each thread and it made the whole thing feel a bit thin and plodding; Daenerys' time in the slave cities and Arya's training with the Faceless Man in particular seemed to go on forever with very little progress.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
You fantasized centaur ladies into it a few years ago, I recall. There are definitely no half-horse-people in GoT but I have to say, it would be even better if there were.

hm could it be then that one of the parties involved is always riding horses which distinguishes them from the rest of the families? cos then it's just the same except not explicit. it refers to centaurs.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
TBH I'm not expecting great things from this last series but I'm still looking forward to it more than a punch in the balls

Part of the enjoyment of it is the collective nature of it - it's surely one of the last 'must watch' shows that everybody will be talking about the day after its broadcast.

version

TBH I'm not expecting great things from this last series but I'm still looking forward to it more than a punch in the balls

Part of the enjoyment of it is the collective nature of it - it's surely one of the last 'must watch' shows that everybody will be talking about the day after its broadcast.

I am too, I just think they dropped the ball a bit as it went on. I'm invested now though and it's entertaining enough to keep watching.

------------------

The "everybody's talking about it" thing is a double-edged sword, it's fun in real life, but the majority of the online discussion is appalling. The articles, round-ups, re-caps etc are horrendous, so much time spent saying so little. That isn't the fault of the show, it's just the media these days, but it goes into overdrive with GoT because of how big it is.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Both applied to me but why twice?

Watched the whole thing in one night around when it first came out.

The next day told my sceptical housemates they had to watch it - we watched the whole thing in one night.

Goes to show what a great story it was, it hooked us like crack.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I am too, I just think they dropped the ball a bit as it went on. I'm invested now though and it's entertaining enough to keep watching.

------------------

The "everybody's talking about it" thing is a double-edged sword, it's fun in real life, but the majority of the online discussion is appalling. The articles, round-ups, re-caps etc are horrendous, so much time spent saying so little. That isn't the fault of the show, it's just the media these days, but it goes into overdrive with GoT because of how big it is.

I don't bother with articles or anything, just fan discussion (observing not participating) and memes. I can't stand all that 'thinkpiece' shit either, it's the dying cry of journalism.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Did you feel a sense of accomplishment after the second viewing?

I probably just felt impatient for series 2.

I'm pretty sure I watched the whole of the first series of the wire in 1 night. Also Narcos more recently.

It happens occasionally, like a shameful drug binge. Suddenly it's 7am, the credits are rolling on the penulimate episode and I'm wondering what normal people are doing right now.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Can't believe I'm into this. Started with watching Brienne and The Hound fight after someone posted it on here a week or so back which led to watching more fights and battles and then reading top 10 GoT deaths lists and the next thing I knew I was watching whole episodes. They've been running it 24/7 on Sky here. Fuck.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Can't believe I'm into this. Started with watching Brienne and The Hound fight after someone posted it on here a week or so back which led to watching more fights and battles and then reading top 10 GoT deaths lists and the next thing I knew I was watching whole episodes. They've been running it 24/7 on Sky here. Fuck.

What's with the shame?

It's like saying I can't believe I'm into chocolate cake AFAIC