-

luka

Yes, that was a great start. Really good line. Can you edit out the rest of it for us please?

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Techno is for producers who haven't got any ideas - it allows them to stretch out their no idea to over 14 minutes sometimes. :cool:

n.b. Just said this to provoke thirdform really...

Thirdform thanks for all the drop box links, though I can't listen to any of them at work so dunno when I'll get round to them.

Ah you can stream em on dropbox, download at home. Win win on both accounts!

woops

is not like other people
As a direct result of this thread I've bought a turntable and the Bruce LP, nice one VERSION

chava

All that UK post-dubstep/semi-techno just end up sounding so contrived, bland and soulless compared to (very often) american techno producers, who doesn't twist their brain about doing "innovative" stuff, but just jams it out. Terrence Dixon is a good example, Hieroglyphic Being another. In Germany there is Kassem Mosse a.o.

The UK stuff works well on dancefloors though, superbly produced. But who cares about that other than other producers.

This is how to do the techno funk:

Last edited:

Leo

All that UK post-dubstep/semi-techno just end up sounding so contrived

agree that the US stuff bangs, but also admit I've always liked the raw drum sound of randomer and blawan, and some of the weirdness on hemlock (untold, Joe), maybe some morgan zarate. it's ain't all shit!

glasshand

dj panic attack
I listened to Bruce's album and there were a couple tracks I liked (the album artwork was awful lol).

But I actually prefer the two at the start of this thread so going to have to go back and check more of his singles/EPs now. The more simplistic cuts/surprises/production flourishes in those two tracks is doing a lot more for me than the more ornate stuff on the album.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
there's no post-dubstep techno most of it is straight techno just contrived by journalists to slot themselves into a lineage they never had any connection with, although of course thhis happened with post-dubstep so they just ran with that.

But like, Neil Landstrumm could hardly be called post-dubstep techno. now people are gonna say (ha, got you!) well Joe Muggs was writing about him back in the day in the early 00s. But to be fair to him Joe seems to have such an expansively catholic music taste he's never going to fully click with our ideological intransigence here. most post-dubsteppers who came through in 2010 never went to a warehouse party. A bit like my mate in Selby who is into anything from the most e-z listening early 20th century light tavern music to the hardest speedcore this side of hades. some people are just like that. I can surf that wave sometimes. not all the time though.

Last edited: