Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bruce

or you can go 91-early 92 era hype.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7yrpmzw2i9...%2092.mp3?dl=0

Wait, am I supposed to be listening to these sets in relation to Bruce or a wider point about techno and the 'nuum?

or you can go lysergic free party style

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p8g8611x7q...fm047.mp3?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by version View Post
    Wait, am I supposed to be listening to these sets in relation to Bruce or a wider point about techno and the 'nuum?

I meant for corpse mainly. he is basically saying it all sounds the same. well yeah on the surface it does, but if he puts these sets on whilst he's functioning the layers and relational machine language that techno forces you to listen for might make more sense.

Ah, fair enough. He was also just skipping through tunes on YouTube which doesn't help with stuff like Bruce, you don't really notice what he's doing if you don't let it roll out for a bit.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to version For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by version View Post
    Ah, fair enough. He was also just skipping through tunes on YouTube which doesn't help with stuff like Bruce, you don't really notice what he's doing if you don't let it roll out for a bit.

frankly i have no idea how people can listen to dance music on youtube. even a lot of the best jungle has to be listened to in a mix. makes v little sense otherwise.

conversely i find a lot of ambient, concrete etc is ridiculously painful to listen in mixes in the hands of most djs (not you droid, obviously) I mean the electronica types who just do a 5 second fade out. might as well listen to an album in that case.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to thirdform For This Useful Post:

finally you can go down the slow, trippy reichian phasing trance but not really trance route.

Frankly this is probably the most accomplished mix RA has hosted, most others have just been pretty standard to relatively/absolutely shit. but the progression here is impeccable, well it was for me at the time anyway...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b9wzvret4l...0k%5D.mp3?dl=0

11. The Following User Says Thank You to thirdform For This Useful Post:

I listen to a lot of stuff on Youtube, but yeah, it's built for the mix, you don't get the same excitement and energy doing that as you do from listening to radio or whatever.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to version For This Useful Post:

alright i dumped a couple of days worth of techno for you lot now go and learn my teachings.

If someone's playing weirder stuff in general and it seems as though they're genuinely into it then fair enough, but if they just have like a token 'experimental' tune followed by boring techno then it doesn't fly with me.

Quote Originally Posted by thirdform View Post
    Frankly this is probably the most accomplished mix RA has hosted, most others have just been pretty standard to relatively/absolutely shit. but the progression here is impeccable, well it was for me at the time anyway...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b9wzvret4l...0k%5D.mp3?dl=0
    Off the top of my head, my favourites have been the Mark Fell and Rene Hell ones. The Mark Fell one was like an hour of ambient and classical with some radio debate over the top with this goth woman who claimed to break into mausoleums and carry out sexual rituals with dead bodies then he just plays a house tune at the end. Hilarious.

I remember listening to it at the time whilst watching a livestream of some cruise ship being salvaged. I felt very in tune with the internet that day.

Techno is for producers who haven't got any ideas - it allows them to stretch out their no idea to over 14 minutes sometimes.

n.b. Just said this to provoke thirdform really...

Thirdform thanks for all the drop box links, though I can't listen to any of them at work so dunno when I'll get round to them.
    Last edited by Corpsey; 10-04-2019 at 09:35 AM.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Corpsey For This Useful Post:

Yes, that was a great start. Really good line. Can you edit out the rest of it for us please?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

Sunglasses emojiís a great touch.
    not what i was hoping for if i'm honest

22. The Following User Says Thank You to sadmanbarty For This Useful Post: