Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting people you know

Quote Originally Posted by baboon2004 View Post
    Know? No. But I once spent a few hours, for work, with someone whose family is 'worth' 10 billion or so.
    What were they like?

After revolution, crack is the great social leveller

3. The Following User Says Thank You to baboon2004 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
    What were they like?
    Not horrible, not immediately weird - but after talking to her for a while, there was something missing, a vital part of common understanding. Uncanny. Hers was aristocratic wealth - the Dragons' Den type wd probably be worse somehow

I wonder what fucks you up more - growing up with no money or growing up with all the money in the world.

Depends what your parents are like

By the way this IS important

I don't just mean interesting people as in 'they're mates with James Corden's gardener' or even 'they're the world authority on flesh eating viruses' (although both are welcome and encouraged) - I mean also interesting people who are interesting because they're into dogging.

Anyone know any really really rich people?

Giants and aristocrats, that's what I'm interested in. Don't care if you know a rocket scientist, e.g.
    a best friend's cousin is a Maxwell, as in Robert Maxwell the late media tycoon/fraudster. the cousin used to fly from London to NYC for the day to go shopping.

not quite on that level: a friend dated a girl whose family fled Iran when the shah was overthrown, they run/ran safra bank.. we went to a party at their house one time, on a private road on Long Island with no street signs or house numbers. they had multiple servants in the house.

Woebot is flatmates to Jacob Rees-Mogg, of course, but that's old news.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Corpsey For This Useful Post:

Anyone know any really really rich people?
    I'm not gonna tell the stories cos I have to be a bit careful here but I met (and I'm still in touch with) this girl from the Kuwaiti Royal Family and her friend. I think she's got a few bob.

People who are interesting, for whatever reason - in an out of the ordinary way.

By the way this IS important

I don't just mean interesting people as in 'they're mates with James Corden's gardener' or even 'they're the world authority on flesh eating viruses' (although both are welcome and encouraged) - I mean also interesting people who are interesting because they're into dogging.
    I'd always assumed people who were into stuff like dogging would be really boring.

Being into SEX is just kinda a bit... obvious, no?

I once saw a group of swingers who'd met up at coffee shop on Endell Street (IIRC) called Coffee, Cake and Kink. There was only one women and I distincly remember one bloke who looked like he'd never actually talked to a women and killed cats for fun in his spare time. Throwing your car keys in the middle with them lot wouldn't be a fun night.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyL View Post
    Being into SEX is just kinda a bit... obvious, no?

I once saw a group of swingers who'd met up at coffee shop on Endell Street (IIRC) called Coffee, Cake and Kink. There was only one women and I distincly remember one bloke who looked like he'd never actually talked to a women and killed cats for fun in his spare time. Throwing your car keys in the middle with them lot wouldn't be a fun night.
    Yeah I like all the writing in the Houllebecque books where he is a totally disgusting sleazy sexual monster while at the same time being (rightly to my mind) being utterly dismissive of those who build their identity around being nailed to a wall in a dungeon dressed in cheap PVC stockings while mistress whiplash makes them lick her fake leather boots underneath a cheesy red light bulb.
    The point being that everyone enjoys their own take on their weird nasty sex stuff but doing it in such an obvious way and to such an extreme is the exact opposite of cool.

What's a cool way of doing weird, nasty sex stuff?

Well if I have to explain...
    OK, I knew I was gonna be in trouble for that choice of word. But my point is, when you see some Channel Four Documentary about silly swinging couples in fishnets and second hand Venice style masks is your instinctive feeling that these people are truly exploring the furthest shore of human sexuality? Maybe they are, maybe I'm wrong. I'm not though.