Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Interesting people you know

Or let's just go back to what Dan said

"Being into SEX is just kinda a bit... obvious, no?"
    And being into sex in a really obvious way - but a LOT - is not that... interesting. Is it? It's kinda like being an eating champion or something. It's a pure demonstration of the hearty appetites but I'm not sure us sophisticated and decadent dilettantes should be wasting our time caring about it.

Nah, I agree. I'm just struggling to picture any way in which it could be cool.

Yeah bad choice of word. I knew it as soon as I wrote it. I just meant... not good I suppose.

This is pretty cool tbh.

Yeah but those guys aren't middle-aged couples from Croydon...
    To link it back to the "interesting people thread" one of my friends is in this video

He aint so skinny these days

know loads of interesting people but i find that the most interesting ones are also the most difficult to describe or explain to other people.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yyaldrin For This Useful Post:

Harry the Dog, Bobby the Wolf, Mad Pat and Winkle.

I was hoping for more, martin.
    Αι ψυχαί οσμώνται καθ΄ Άιδην.

Quote Originally Posted by IdleRich View Post
    Yeah I like all the writing in the Houllebecque books where he is a totally disgusting sleazy sexual monster while at the same time being (rightly to my mind) being utterly dismissive of those who build their identity around being nailed to a wall in a dungeon dressed in cheap PVC stockings while mistress whiplash makes them lick her fake leather boots underneath a cheesy red light bulb.
    Come on Rich, don't pretend you didn't have to pause for a mop-up after typing that.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Tea For This Useful Post:

my best friend is the smartest person I've ever met, on a wide variety of topics. as a kid, he used to voluntarily hang out for hours in the library! and used to dumpster dive behind the library when they'd replace old volumes. he's like a walking encyclopedia, bring up nearly any topic and he can offer some historic perspective or trivia about it. but the absolute best part is he's the nicest guy, no ego, no sense of superiority, doesn't come off as an annoying know-it-all. he'd be intolerable otherwise! I've known hm since college and he still amazes me with his depth of knowledge.
    Last edited by Leo; 14-08-2019 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    a best friend's cousin is a Maxwell, as in Robert Maxwell the late media tycoon/fraudster. the cousin used to fly from London to NYC for the day to go shopping.
    small world.