Corpsey

bandz ahoy
By the way this IS important

I don't just mean interesting people as in 'they're mates with James Corden's gardener' or even 'they're the world authority on flesh eating viruses' (although both are welcome and encouraged) - I mean also interesting people who are interesting because they're into dogging.

Leo

Anyone know any really really rich people?

Giants and aristocrats, that's what I'm interested in. Don't care if you know a rocket scientist, e.g.

a best friend's cousin is a Maxwell, as in Robert Maxwell the late media tycoon/fraudster. the cousin used to fly from London to NYC for the day to go shopping.

not quite on that level: a friend dated a girl whose family fled Iran when the shah was overthrown, they run/ran safra bank.. we went to a party at their house one time, on a private road on Long Island with no street signs or house numbers. they had multiple servants in the house.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Anyone know any really really rich people?
I'm not gonna tell the stories cos I have to be a bit careful here but I met (and I'm still in touch with) this girl from the Kuwaiti Royal Family and her friend. I think she's got a few bob.

DannyL

Wild Horses
By the way this IS important

I don't just mean interesting people as in 'they're mates with James Corden's gardener' or even 'they're the world authority on flesh eating viruses' (although both are welcome and encouraged) - I mean also interesting people who are interesting because they're into dogging.

I'd always assumed people who were into stuff like dogging would be really boring.

DannyL

Wild Horses
Being into SEX is just kinda a bit... obvious, no?

I once saw a group of swingers who'd met up at coffee shop on Endell Street (IIRC) called Coffee, Cake and Kink. There was only one women and I distincly remember one bloke who looked like he'd never actually talked to a women and killed cats for fun in his spare time. Throwing your car keys in the middle with them lot wouldn't be a fun night.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Being into SEX is just kinda a bit... obvious, no?

I once saw a group of swingers who'd met up at coffee shop on Endell Street (IIRC) called Coffee, Cake and Kink. There was only one women and I distincly remember one bloke who looked like he'd never actually talked to a women and killed cats for fun in his spare time. Throwing your car keys in the middle with them lot wouldn't be a fun night.
Yeah I like all the writing in the Houllebecque books where he is a totally disgusting sleazy sexual monster while at the same time being (rightly to my mind) being utterly dismissive of those who build their identity around being nailed to a wall in a dungeon dressed in cheap PVC stockings while mistress whiplash makes them lick her fake leather boots underneath a cheesy red light bulb.
The point being that everyone enjoys their own take on their weird nasty sex stuff but doing it in such an obvious way and to such an extreme is the exact opposite of cool.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Well if I have to explain...
OK, I knew I was gonna be in trouble for that choice of word. But my point is, when you see some Channel Four Documentary about silly swinging couples in fishnets and second hand Venice style masks is your instinctive feeling that these people are truly exploring the furthest shore of human sexuality? Maybe they are, maybe I'm wrong. I'm not though.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Or let's just go back to what Dan said

"Being into SEX is just kinda a bit... obvious, no?"
And being into sex in a really obvious way - but a LOT - is not that... interesting. Is it? It's kinda like being an eating champion or something. It's a pure demonstration of the hearty appetites but I'm not sure us sophisticated and decadent dilettantes should be wasting our time caring about it.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Yeah but those guys aren't middle-aged couples from Croydon...
To link it back to the "interesting people thread" one of my friends is in this video

He aint so skinny these days

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
know loads of interesting people but i find that the most interesting ones are also the most difficult to describe or explain to other people.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Yeah I like all the writing in the Houllebecque books where he is a totally disgusting sleazy sexual monster while at the same time being (rightly to my mind) being utterly dismissive of those who build their identity around being nailed to a wall in a dungeon dressed in cheap PVC stockings while mistress whiplash makes them lick her fake leather boots underneath a cheesy red light bulb.

Come on Rich, don't pretend you didn't have to pause for a mop-up after typing that.

Leo

my best friend is the smartest person I've ever met, on a wide variety of topics. as a kid, he used to voluntarily hang out for hours in the library! and used to dumpster dive behind the library when they'd replace old volumes. he's like a walking encyclopedia, bring up nearly any topic and he can offer some historic perspective or trivia about it. but the absolute best part is he's the nicest guy, no ego, no sense of superiority, doesn't come off as an annoying know-it-all. he'd be intolerable otherwise! I've known hm since college and he still amazes me with his depth of knowledge.

Last edited: