Corpsey

bandz ahoy
First thing's first - does anyone know any really really tall people?

I've often regretted that I'm not friends with a giant of a man. I do have some pretty tall friends - the tallest is around 6'4" I think.

IdleRich

IdleRich
First thing's first - does anyone know any really really tall people?

I've often regretted that I'm not friends with a giant of a man. I do have some pretty tall friends - the tallest is around 6'4" I think.
I reckon DannyL is taller than that. My brother has (or had) a friend who is stupid tall, like he gets out of the car and you laugh. Maybe six foot eight or something. Then again I was reading about this new basketball prospect who is seven foot six, he can just put the ball in the basket without jumping.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Beyond a certain point I think it's just a pain in the knees. Andre the Giant was apparently in pain his whole life cos, for one thing, there was no furniture designed to be comfortable for someone his size. (Fun fact: Andre the Giant used to get lifts from Samuel Beckett.)

But when I see a giant in the wild (e.g. on the Tube) I feel delighted.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Anyone know any really really rich people?

Giants and aristocrats, that's what I'm interested in. Don't care if you know a rocket scientist, e.g.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I like that picture of Andre the Giant and Wilt Chamberlain lifting Arnie that does the rounds every now and again.

droid

A good friend of mine has recently become a minor celebrity in art circles. He's hung out with collectors and various celebrities, Elton John, Russian Oligarchs, Hollywood directors.

Another mate is very close to an Oscar winner. He went to the ceremony, freeloaded on an invite to Salma Hayek's Venice wedding, hung out with theron, harrison et al. He has some good stories.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
A good friend of mine has recently become a minor celebrity in art circles. He's hung out with collectors and various celebrities, Elton John, Russian Oligarchs, Hollywood directors.

Another mate is very close to an Oscar winner. He went to the ceremony, freeloaded on an invite to Salma Hayek's Venice wedding, hung out with theron, harrison et al. He has some good stories.

Spill his beans

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I'm just going to assume he had a threesome with Harrison Ford and Charlize Theron, and think about that later as I guzzle white wine.

Leo

a good friend is an noted experimental guitarist who's toured the world and released lots of stuff.
my college roommate went on the play guitar for psychic tv during their acid house days.
one of my wife's best friend is a successful toy designer.
multiple degrees of separation: my cousin married the son of the mayor of Las Vegas.

Last edited:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Anyone know any really really rich people?

Giants and aristocrats, that's what I'm interested in. Don't care if you know a rocket scientist, e.g.

Know? No. But I once spent a few hours, for work, with someone whose family is 'worth' £10 billion or so.

IdleRich

IdleRich
If you just want scurrilous gossip, I can tell you that one of my friends is friends with this girl who is a model and also the daughter of a Tory MP who has been in the news for a few things. One time she was round my house and she smoked crack and got in an argument with my friend about who had the biggest arse, it ended up with them dropping their trousers, bending over and demanding that I rule on whose bum was the biggest (not hers in fact).

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
What were they like?

Not horrible, not immediately weird - but after talking to her for a while, there was something missing, a vital part of common understanding. Uncanny. Hers was aristocratic wealth - the Dragons' Den type wd probably be worse somehow

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I wonder what fucks you up more - growing up with no money or growing up with all the money in the world.