Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: potential musical confessions of the 10s you may look back on in years

The grime revial looking back on it makes me sigh now

But at least i can say i got to see some of my favourite MCs i never got to see when i was younger

also the one Grime Originals rave i went to at Birthdays where Stormin was jumpin around like a mad man on stage apart from his face you wouldnt have thought he just beat cancer

RIP that man

2. The Following User Says Thank You to WebEschatology For This Useful Post:

I totaly missed out on pc music and that. I just know sophie. i was too in a dark hardcore phase when that blew up.

imo radar did a lot to make the grime revival even more comical than it already was but that's that.

pulse fm tape...

https://www.mixcloud.com/distortedhe...e-906-fm-1992/

Quote Originally Posted by WebEschatology View Post
    The grime revial looking back on it makes me sigh now
    Still, when he's on point Grandmixxer is still on point.

I hoped for a long time the more experimental anti-funk grooves about to collapse tendancies of dubstep would kind of coalesce into their own resistant scene, dubvert central? dubfunk? but it wasn't meant to be.

mad tune though.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to thirdform For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by thirdform View Post
    come on lads talk to me!

8 members and 21 guests
    Most users ever online was 1,366, 22-05-2015 at 12:07 AM.
    thirdform blissblogger Corpsey IdleRich luka sufi
    I'm accidentally awake. I pointlessly drank all day and into the night. Fell asleep about 11 which is fine then got jolted awake about 4 which I hate because what do you do at that point? The 10s is when I mostly stopped listening to music except me and corpse were big on lex luger and jalil beats.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

If I can't get back to sleep it just means I'll be really tired by mid afternoon and I want to work really. Mind you at least I went home when I did. Just got a text from my mate I was with saying he's lying on someone's floor fucked on morphine. Which is not a good result in my book. Rather be posting bollocks on dissensus at 5:25

I've never followed any house or techno stuff. I wouldn't know where to start. There's too much of it. Too much fairly good middling generic dance music.

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    If I can't get back to sleep it just means I'll be really tired by mid afternoon and I want to work really. Mind you at least I went home when I did. Just got a text from my mate I was with saying he's lying on someone's floor fucked on morphine. Which is not a good result in my book. Rather be posting bollocks on dissensus at 5:25
    Here's some texts I just sent him

If he's asleep spunk on his face for a laugh so when he wakes up he's got your sperm deposit in hes beard

All drying and sort of flaky like spunk dandruff

He goes "what's this in my beard it feels all stiff" and you go "it's my jizz mate. I spunked in your beard while you was asleep lol"

Quote Originally Posted by thirdform View Post
    I hoped for a long time the more experimental anti-funk grooves about to collapse tendancies of dubstep would kind of coalesce into their own resistant scene, dubvert central? dubfunk? but it wasn't meant to be.

mad tune though.
    That's fucking brilliant, more like that please.

Wuth Luka's generally on dance music, too much of it. Can just about manage with rap as the personalities and vocals give you a hook but I generally find dance fairly baffling. Esp as I never go to clubs now.

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    I've never followed any house or techno stuff. I wouldn't know where to start. There's too much of it. Too much fairly good middling generic dance music.
    Rule 1 of house and techno is to avoid berlin at nearly all costs. and i mean literally nearly all. i think there's one techno dude from berlin I'd see, Hanno Hunkelbein. the other berliners like objekt are british expats. but yeah cutting berlin out of the game opens up so much possibilities though it really restricts you simultaneously because it is the official house and techno capital now.

There are reasons why i would like to go back to Germany and the techno is probably right at the bottom lol

15. The Following User Says Thank You to WebEschatology For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WebEschatology View Post
    There are reasons why i would like to go back to Germany and the techno is probably right at the bottom lol
    there are pockets of good stuff but more on the free party/squat end of things. really I'd only go to berghain to see Helena Hauff or Stingray or Jamal Moss. and that would be incidental. tbf i can't imagine spending 3 days in a club. a free party where i can trip my balls out laying in a field sure no problemo standard but clubs are just so claustrophobic after about 12 hours.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to thirdform For This Useful Post:

No need to be ashamed

You might as well be ashamed of an erection

Sure some of the stuff I loved sounds shit to me now. But some of the stuff I love now sounded shit to me then.

People act like musical taste is on a moral gauge. Fuck that. Like what you like, it doesn't hurt anybody.

How dare you like these chords.

How dare you like these hi hats.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Corpsey For This Useful Post:

But but but

I sympathise with this thread
    Time is the only judge

What was Flava of the month is trash today

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Corpsey For This Useful Post:

sure, i like some very undissensus things. im not ashamed of anything i liked in the past, well ok i am clubland special d - come with me in 2004. that was fucking awful but as a whole my musical confessions are like oh ffs third, how could you have been so into something that was just as you say, flava of the month?
    Last edited by thirdform; 05-05-2019 at 12:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by vimothy View Post
    I respect islamists