Top 100 Tracks

luka

Im not knocking it. Just situating it. Shirt cuff rides up to reveal GQ man watch.

luka

That's what I think about when I see this list. Switzerland. People who own cars. Not necessarily married. Plump solid buttocks. Ankles showing.

DLaurent

Never got into grime. So maybe in a slight minority here. Jungle I could have added a few, maybe. I have three dnb tracks in there that are a bit middlebrow, for the coffee table stuff If I was being all negative.

The dad toke stuff is funny though. I remember a time when I would have turned my nose up at Italo Disco. Not much of it on my list, but could have had other dad choices like Ultravox. Nothing from Moroder. No theme from Top Gun.

Last edited:

luka

I would have thought a bit older. Your heyday would have been mid 00s. Your corpses age.

luka

Corpses favourite music of all time is 06 dubstep which makes sense given his age. There's nothing on this list from when your ballsack was at its most fecund and swollen, rotund.

luka

The huge majority is from the 70s. The 90s had a 70s fetish (mostly filtered through hip hop. .. theres no hip hop on the list... which adds to the euro/swiss vibe) but you're not really a 90s kid. So in that sense its a mystery.

luka

There's quite a lot, too much, soundtrack stuff, which had a revival in the 90s, but again slightly before your time.

luka

No rap np hardcore no jungle no garage no grime no oasis. Ideologically suspect. No offence. Not being rude. Just a bit suspect.

luka

No timbaland no neptunes no wu no oasis no garage no cash money nothing from when your balls were brimming and ample. which makes me wonder how you discovered music. My guess would be radio one, the face, the guardian, maybe gilles and straight no chaser.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
How did you discover your music patyy?

My mum had a pretty decent selection. Lot of radio 1, friend's cooler older brothers & weird late night TV in my pre Internet years (anyone remember The Trip on 4later?} once minidiscs came along that was a game changer. Raiding the local library for spacemen 3 and the like. Also going to college in Kendal at 16 and discovering shit like electric wizard & kyuss on one of my first and still to this day strongest acid experiences. That made a big impression. At the same time there was a Canadian dnb dj i used to hang out with a lot and he was the one who got me into a bunch of electronica and also took me to see Jeff Mills which was the day I realised it didn't have to be all breaks.

My list would def contain a lot of other stuff Inc jungle which I started listening to in about 94 thanks to 1 in the jungle on R1. Up in the lake district you needed all the help you could get. Majority of the older lot were raving to happy hardcore, hard house and trance. There was this one junkie guy called grog who was reputedly the best dj the lakes had ever seen but had well burnt out by the time I was old enough to be going to raves. He was mates with an older cousin though, and we went round to his one time and he made me a mix tape wihh shit like schooly d on it. Prob around 10/11. Years later after having lived away from the lakes for a while I tried to track him down, but he'd od'd and his collection was now in the hands of a shady character known as the sleb Lord, aka slebby. He played some shit from grogs collection at an afters one time and it blew me away. Have asked about it on here before. Some kind of super deep proto breaks stuff with all Arabic text in 80s nyc wildstyle on the front. That's my musical white whale. No-one knows where sleb is anymore.

Am on a long bus journey, so I hope that wasn't too tawdry.

Edit: gilles and peel both need a mention.

luka

Interesting. Information didn't really spread and travel in our day did it. It was more viscous.

luka

Very dependent on state institutions like radio one. And blind luck. Gilles definitely influenced a lot of people, directly and indirectly. Broadened horizons. Peel too. Who are their latter day equivalents? People with that reach I mean, who educate.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Interesting. Information didn't really spread and travel in our day did it. It was more viscous.

Definitely not up in t'fells n fields of Cumbria.

Feel the need to mention being handed a cdr with RATM scribbled on it around 15 not knowing anything about them at all. I didn't even have sky at the time so shit was seriously limited. Turns out it was evil empire which I just happened to dl ony phone today. Still brilliant imo. One of the tracks from that would make my list easy.

DLaurent

There's quite a lot, too much, soundtrack stuff, which had a revival in the 90s, but again slightly before your time.

It's bread and butter stuff. :D I like it when people pull no punches too.

Hollywood soundtracks of the (especially of 80s) was my main listening for a couple of years not so long ago. Could easily do a top 100 soundtracks but it wouldn't be one per artist.

I took the paved road into most of the stuff on the list from 90s dance music which was my potent era. Easiest genre to do would be detroit techno. More difficult house/garage/rap/other techno.