Where are you listening?

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
basically, i want my cake and to eat it. i want to be a shaman who is still cursing like iblis and always moaning but also being transported to fourth world realms.

what i am trying to say is let's have the spirituality without invoking it.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
2010s shamanism.

It's liberating. now all we have is the eternal wank, no longer the liberating wank. religion has been dissolved in the solvent of global capitalism. pharoah was a religious man, we have to find the spirituality by cutting it out. the minimum to get the maximum.

Last edited:

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
man i wanna compress the entire nuum into one track.

Be absolutely fair bliss, this is way too edited, even for 96 source direct standards.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
what is a springwatch?

i'm in the office. it's a rainy day today, it has been a long time. last year it was so dry it had the rivers bobbing backwards. so it's not too bad a thing.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Isn't it nice that you're sat in an office on a rainy day and yet you can be touched by how beautiful and all encompassing music is? How does this effect your feeling about being sat in an office, and it raining?

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
Isn't it nice that you're sat in an office on a rainy day and yet you can be touched by how beautiful and all encompassing music is? How does this effect your feeling about being sat in an office, and it raining?

ah wait, i thought the thread title said what are you listening instead of where. most of the people here have their headphones on and listen to music or podcasts. i wonder sometimes what they listen to. as for me, i probably couldn't do this job without being able to listen to music. the work is too repetitive, too boring, too generic. i'd be miserable. at least with music on, it makes you feel like the day has tides, makes you swing from one mood, or feeling, to the other. they also put some plants in the office to give the whole thing a bit more of a human touch.

here's my view. the fruit sculpture is my idea.

D2LKMraWsAEYiTD.jpg

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Nah, what are you listening to has been done already, and I'm not *that* interested in it, if it's not explained to me.

This thread is intended to reintegrate music appreciation into life itself.

Inspired by Craner's 100.

CrowleyHead

Pharaoh Sanders Sucks.

Anyway this is funny for me because I work in a bar/kitchen and as such I cannot actually sit down and listen to music so a lot of my music listening is skewed. I can't sit down and listen to albums and take them apart because inherently there are Tasks To Accomplish instead so often it's limited to putting on randomized playlists and hoping for the best. Instead I often defer to podcasts just because the wash of familiar and amusing voices is dissociative from home.

My most 'productive' or rather.... actual aggressive consumption of music these days happens in the bus to and from work or eating out and waiting for food. It's been an alarming development.

luka

I don't listen to music. If it's not new or at least teaching me a new trick I don't care. It's tedious. I hate the way people just have it on constantly, constant stimulation for no purpose. It's good when you're on drugs obviously but not otherwise.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I'm at my desk, just had a glass of white wine at lunch and now listening to 'Pressure Drop' by Toots and the Matyals.

Stuff of life.

I'm Middle Class Man