Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where are you listening?

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
    Isn't it nice that you're sat in an office on a rainy day and yet you can be touched by how beautiful and all encompassing music is? How does this effect your feeling about being sat in an office, and it raining?
    ah wait, i thought the thread title said what are you listening instead of where. most of the people here have their headphones on and listen to music or podcasts. i wonder sometimes what they listen to. as for me, i probably couldn't do this job without being able to listen to music. the work is too repetitive, too boring, too generic. i'd be miserable. at least with music on, it makes you feel like the day has tides, makes you swing from one mood, or feeling, to the other. they also put some plants in the office to give the whole thing a bit more of a human touch.

here's my view. the fruit sculpture is my idea.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yyaldrin For This Useful Post:

Nah, what are you listening to has been done already, and I'm not *that* interested in it, if it's not explained to me.

This thread is intended to reintegrate music appreciation into life itself.

Inspired by Craner's 100.

Pharaoh Sanders Sucks.

Anyway this is funny for me because I work in a bar/kitchen and as such I cannot actually sit down and listen to music so a lot of my music listening is skewed. I can't sit down and listen to albums and take them apart because inherently there are Tasks To Accomplish instead so often it's limited to putting on randomized playlists and hoping for the best. Instead I often defer to podcasts just because the wash of familiar and amusing voices is dissociative from home.

My most 'productive' or rather.... actual aggressive consumption of music these days happens in the bus to and from work or eating out and waiting for food. It's been an alarming development.

I don't listen to music. If it's not new or at least teaching me a new trick I don't care. It's tedious. I hate the way people just have it on constantly, constant stimulation for no purpose. It's good when you're on drugs obviously but not otherwise.

I'm at my desk, just had a glass of white wine at lunch and now listening to 'Pressure Drop' by Toots and the Matyals.

Stuff of life.

I'm Middle Class Man

can you drink wine during your lunch breaks?

Quote Originally Posted by yyaldrin View Post
    can you drink wine during your lunch breaks?
    I used to do that when I worked at Foyles, but it's not very good for you.

It was a team lunch so I had carte blanche (great wine that is lol)