Where are you listening?

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Music in the wild.

Right now I'm listening to Pharoah Sanders on the toilet of the Ally Pally bar. On the way up I was transfixed (because stoned?) by the full moon flanked by jet stream slashes. I've often regarded planes since reading Luka's poem about how serene they look from here but up there etc. They really beautify London's skyline, up there at least. No doubt to many people they're an annoyance. Also environmentally bad news.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I had a conversion moment tonight. I was playing Street Fighter 5 (a masterwork in of itself) and drinking San Pellegrino while listening to Pharoah Sanders 'Elevation' album.

On the walk home I listened to William Blake poems and was blown away by at least three of them. (A Little Girl Lost, I Heard An Angel...). And then ate an ice cream and played Street Fighter 5 (a masterwork in its own right) and listened to Pharoah Sanders and then this Radhe-Shyam choon by Alice Coltrane which electrified me.

I'm basically a puppet on Luka's strings.

luka

Eating ice cream at night is great. Im really into spending money atm. Cocktails, meals out, espressos, ice creams.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Food is my main expense in London.

I found out recently my favourite burger is

Five guys bacon cheeseburger
Mushrooms
Relish
Ketchup
Pickles

Oh sweet lord.

Listening to "Slave driver" and "soul rebel" by the wailers with the minty taste of toothbrush in my mouth. Tingling on the lips. Did you know they add artificial tingle to toothpaste to give you the feeling that you've achieved something after you've brushed them? True story.

Nice choons though - I'm weaning myself back onto the reggae teat atm

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

This sounds quite modern, dunno when it's from.

I'm corrupting this thread. It should be like springwatch, shot on location. I'm just sat in my room.

Leo

I have that 12". it's a randy Newman cover, the original came out 25 years before "the wire" but tells a similar story

luka

I've eaten out a lot recently. Stupid amount really. Bwen drinking a lot too. Not enough to get shitfaced and humiliate myself but enough that I feel worn out now and sort of poisoned. I'll have a few days off. Get back on top of things. Cocktails are about a tenner usually so you can spend a fair bit even if you're not getting overexcited. I just like the feeling of spending money and not worrying about it. Ordering sides. Olives. Frivolous things I can't always afford to do.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Spending is exhilarating, isn't it? Amassing, consuming, swelling. Fruitless spending is like wanking, of course - the postmortem wincing.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
also im tempted to side with crowl on pharoah but balance off izipho-zam is an amazing tune, mostly because of sharrock...

anyway: crowl 2 thread to teach u lot a lesson.

luka

Ok you side with crowley and I will side with John and Alice Coltrane and Sun Ra, all of whom employed Sanders.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
nah im just trying to get corpsey into 2010s shamanism (not as a strictly time delineated musical period but as a set of aesthetics) not 1970s shamanism. yeah pharoah was better in the late 60s.