Ambient-Tinged Masterpiece

vs

Battle of the Senses

vs

Getting Political

vs

Last edited:

sadmanbarty

It is also worth remembering that phil is one of histories great larkers.

invisible touch features unrelenting larkery. easy love has some excellent examples to.

another larking masterpiece:

sadmanbarty

credit to the other two blokes in genesis. though by no means natural larkers, they do give it an honest effort.

sadmanbarty

alright sticksman, what do you think of Phil's sticksmanship on this?

the reason why 98% of drummers are rubbish is they'd all do the same thing given the same piece of music. so with that, pretty much every drummer on the planet given that music would do all the things he's doing on it.

this is better, like a white man's 'in time':

as is this:

sadmanbarty

phil is a man enamoured by soul and who has devoured it and immersed himself in it, while inherently an outsider. that's the key to his success.

gabriel is merely a man who rubbed his genitalia up against kate bush and pretended it was art. don't get me wrong, i salute him for doing so, but ultimately he can't compete with phil.

sadmanbarty

droid surely has to go for gabriel.

corpse is collins, but will be all self-deprecating about it because it's not high art.

leo was a roadie for phil collins in the day, so we know where his allegiances lie.

crowley will have an alarmingly thought out and heartfelt opinion.

craner's surely a phil man.

blissblogger

this is a good tune

oddly it was a flop single in the UK, but a hit in the USA

what i like about Peter Gabriel - vocally and also the overall sound - is the dryness

he sounds parched

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
absolute fucking gash both of them, but i have a special place reserved in hell for peter Gabriel, yes durban poison but it might as well be a kurdish sample he can take no credit for that.

This thread was designed to spite me wasn't it lmao.

I also would have killed kate bush's parents if i could travel back in time. man, she is totally butters and everyone i know, bloke and bird alike, wants to fuck her.

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
My dad used to play the music of both in the Nissan Sunny.

NISSAN_Sunny--N14--Hatchback-1994_main.jpg

He had one of those bead cushions over the drivers seat. Heady days.

I'm gonna go with Collins, cos of so many legit bangers - Sussudeo, Invisible Touch AND Easy Lover?

I know his reputation as a twat and no doubt I'd never listen to a whole Phil Collins album but you can tell he's a genius cos look how much he's sold and LOOK AT HIM. It wasn't sex appeal that's for sure.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Correct me if I'm wrong but Gabriel does a 'weird' voice too. I don't generally like 'weird' voices.

Collins has to get extra points for proving that drummers are more than highly sexed stick monkeys.

firefinga

Peter Gabriel - Shock the Monkey was pretty good, Sledgehammer a great pop-hit with an equally enjoyable video. He also had a few good electronica-esque bits on his early 80s LPs.

Phil Collins - I only rate "In the Air tonight" - (which got sampled on an early RAM-Record), apart from that nothing much caught my attention. And "I Can't Dance" is downright hideous.

DLaurent

This is the last thread I expected to see.

There's a Clapton show with Collins drumming that's great. I'm not really that familiar with Genesis stuff and listen to Phil more but I always liked the synths that Gabriel used on his solo stuff. Fairlight, Prophet 5, and I'm quite sure the CS-80 is quite heavy on his Birdy soundtrack album.

Love it or hate it. This set the bar for the gated reverb sound of the 80s. Phil drumming for Peter.