luka

Btw the two messages from version and Sloane now deleted were very similar. They both said (I'm paraphrasing) Barty suck your mumma, if I see you on road I am guna box you up don't talk about the Afrobeats crew like that I've been going to Ghanian independence dances since the early '00s and they are the best parties not all homophobic business students we won't stand for this slander.

Sufi deleted them cos he doesn't like threats of violence, that's a line we don't cross.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Nah, I deleted mine cos it was reaaaally funny at the time but I woulda had to explain it for it to be funny to anyone else, so I deleted it.

Leo

version continuing with his gaslighting, that boy needs a time out on the naughty step.

sadmanbarty

The african middle class.

Business management courses. Twitter bio's thanking christ. a framed photo of your graduation hanging on your mum's mantle piece. contempt for the white man not as agents of babylon but hedonistic savages.

but all of it a mask.

stepford wives music. hygiene music.

morally superior to drill in every way and yet so much more repulsive. alluringly so.

a story in 3 parts:

"Ching man down make him snore
But I chinged man down make him crawl"

"One, never diss your mum
Two, work hard make it through"

luka

Questionable life choices. You do sometimes find yourself throwing your imagination into a place where the pressure is relentless and wonder. As a young person. I suppose you can stay in and watch anime, wank, play computer games. Maybe. If you have enough space. If you're an only child say. It's hard to know. We all need an escape hatch. No one wants burna and his mate banging you in the face in a jail cell. Life is horror.

sadmanbarty

afroswing is situated to drill like roots revival was to dancehall in the 2000's. the former a refuge from the darkness and nihilism of the latter. a place to reflect. to aspire for something better.

incognito's dead now.

other_life

bioconfused
The african middle class.
Business management courses. Twitter bio's thanking christ. a framed photo of your graduation hanging on your mum's mantle piece. contempt for the white man not as agents of babylon but hedonistic savages.
but all of it a mask.
stepford wives music. hygiene music.
morally superior to drill in every way and yet so much more repulsive. alluringly so.
man, being browbeat by these people on twitter in high school sure did a number on my brain.

other_life

bioconfused
possible in: freaks make drill instrumentals. no face.
ok but let's play w this as a proposition, collaboratively. help each other promote it too. it's a set contemporary form that we have to work within the parameters of, very little room for nostalgic cues and no room for aimless freeform bullshit (which is kind of my problem). but if we made really solid drill beats, like people expect from drill (VALORISE THE FUNCTIONAL), and got a name for ourselves that way, we could slowly introduce other elements. effect subtle shifts

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
man, the turkish middle class still doing a number on my brain and I'm supposed to be one of them in an ideal world! thanks allah for the disability, love u loads and kisses mate. bare homo.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
ok but let's play w this as a proposition, collaboratively. help each other promote it too. it's a set contemporary form that we have to work within the parameters of, very little room for nostalgic cues and no room for aimless freeform bullshit (which is kind of my problem). but if we made really solid drill beats, like people expect from drill (VALORISE THE FUNCTIONAL), and got a name for ourselves that way, we could slowly introduce other elements. effect subtle shifts

it's a bit late for that now tbh. it took less than 6 months for drill to become coke advert music. a lesson for all the future land fans. man, i not seen anything move that quick.

other_life

bioconfused
companion/abridged playlist, just the stuff linked + discussed in the thread: "barty and luka's wild ride"
will listen to all of this soon and try to see if there's an Arc/colored thread through it

other_life

bioconfused
it's a bit late for that now tbh. it took less than 6 months for drill to become coke advert music. a lesson for all the future land fans. man, i not seen anything move that quick.
ok new group proposition: try to re-sell drill instrumentals to the internet/university dipshits as Forward Thinking Club Music. it's *post* drill