Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Brexit Party.

Remember when comelately told us how he had recently learned how to make a girl squirt? That was cool

2. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    Remember when comelately told us how he had recently learned how to make a girl squirt? That was cool
    Dude......that was a long time ago.

It's funny I had a weird premonition of something like that being brought up.

I'm wary of taking the bait and going over old ground in the context of 2019. I'm pretty sure I said some things which are tonally off, but my recollection is one or two people were being ahistorical, unrealistic and dare-I-say a little prissy regarding the reality of most romantic couplings. I, probably naively, tried to offer an alternative point of view, and I suspect I would stand by the general thrust of what I said. But we're not that bored right? Right?

Tbh I realise that I am intellectually lazy and greatly admire the chops of some of the peeps on this board. I think I occasionally have something to add, but essentially I'm happy to be a member of the audience
    Last edited by comelately; 31-05-2019 at 10:19 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to comelately For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by comelately View Post
    I think the Sartre quote about the fun the far right can have deploying their schtick with disingenuousness comes into play here.
    The one about antisemitism?

Yes.

Scott Adams has an interesting term he uses to describe the normies: 'word-thinker'

How did Scott Adams go from Dilbert to whatever he is now?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to version For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by comelately View Post
    It's funny I had a weird premonition of something like that being brought up.

I'm wary of taking the bait and going over old ground in the context of 2019. I'm pretty sure I said some things which are tonally off, but my recollection is one or two people were being ahistorical, unrealistic and dare-I-say a little prissy regarding the reality of most romantic couplings. I, probably naively, tried to offer an alternative point of view, and I suspect I would stand by the general thrust of what I said. But we're not that bored right? Right?

Tbh I realise that I am intellectually lazy and greatly admire the chops of some of the peeps on this board. I think I occasionally have something to add, but essentially I'm happy to be a member of the audience
    Sorry it was mean to bring it up its only cos I met padraig (us) yesterday and he said how embarrassed he was about his part in it and that he's since learned to make birds squirt since and it's all water under the bridge

Sorry it was mean to bring it up its only cos I met padraig (us) yesterday and he said how embarrassed he was about his part in it and that he's since learned to make birds squirt since and it's all water under the bridge
    This is like Craner's poem all over again.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to version For This Useful Post:

Well Adams has long had a sideline in 'just asking questions' on his blog about various right-wing talking points. It was when he started praising Trump's persuasion skills and stated he thought he'd win the election (though he didn't say that he supported Trump, at least not at this stage) that he started losing friends and well-paid speaking gigs, at which point he doubled-down and courted a new audience among the Trump supporters and IDW-types.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to comelately For This Useful Post:

LYB4EhL - Imgur.gif

Scott Adams also used 'persuasion' to get his current ex-model girlfriend.

Lol yeah, that was pretty funny. Like unlocking a secret level that most people don't know about.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

he said how embarrassed he was about his part in it and that he's since learned to make birds squirt since and it's all water under the bridge
    Very apposite choice of words - it does sound like something Padraig would have said.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyL View Post
    It's a real shame so many people wanna go for the racist vote but the vote share picture is heartening. And I'm delighted people are waking up how useless Corbyn is, might be beginning of the end for him, though hell prob cling on like a barnacle. Enjoying a bit if schadenfreude this morning.
    yeh, but the libdems and greens are worse than corbyn. we don't have a good political icon in the UK even by the standards of parliamentary politics. open secret in British politics is not that since the 70s labour has been losing votes, but both parties. and the tories haven't had a governing majority since 92.
    Quote Originally Posted by vimothy View Post
    I respect islamists

corbyn is useless but he's a useful idiot for both the right and left bureaucratic wings of the labour party, if you know what I mean. politics these days is a kind of non-familial nepotism.
    Quote Originally Posted by vimothy View Post
    I respect islamists

I'm no Corbyn fan, but I think he's right to be cautious re: Brexit. Right now, we are in an unprecedented situation and simply rushing to a 2nd Referendum position before proper detailed data modelling/analysis has been attempted is not sensible.

Bear also this in mind. In a minority government situation, he might actually need to rely on some Brexit Party MPs - most of them will lean right economically I imagine, but who knows really?

The point is that normal political calculus is out of the window right now. Kneejerk reactions probably aren't the way to go.
    Last edited by comelately; 02-06-2019 at 04:01 PM.