Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Harlequin

michael jackson is actually a crucial part of this story.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sadmanbarty For This Useful Post:

Rebis
    Read in another language
    Watch this page
    Edit

Rebis from Theoria Philosophiae Hermeticae (1617) by Heinrich Nollius

Rebis from Theoria Philosophiae Hermeticae (1617) by Heinrich Nollius
    The Rebis (from the Latin res bina, meaning dual or double matter) is the end product of the alchemical magnum opus or great work.

After one has gone through the stages of putrefaction and purification, separating opposing qualities, those qualities are united once more in what is sometimes described as the divine hermaphrodite, a reconciliation of spirit and matter, a being of both male and female qualities as indicated by the male and female head within a single body. The sun and moon correspond to the male and female halves, just as the Red King and White Queen are similarly associated.

The Rebis image appeared in the work Azoth of the Philosophers by Basil Valentine in 1613.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sadmanbarty View Post
    the evolution of anonymity. it's no longer required because the face no longer means anything. it's an arbitrary superficiality through which a whole cast of malleable characters can be channeled.
    This reminds me of that thing of staring at your reflection until you no longer recognise yourself. You can do the same with words.

" ... find a word, a familiar word, on a page, and then stare at it for a while, just let your eyes linger upon it; and soon enough, sometimes after no more than a few seconds, the word comes to look misspelled, or badly transcribed, or as if there are other things wrong with it; so I tried it once, with the most familiar word there is: love, first verb in the Latin primer, the word known to all men; and after no more than five seconds I could swear that it wasn't the same word I had always known: it looked odd, misshapen, and as if it had all kinds of different pronunciations, except the one I had always believed was correct, and had always used; and so there was dissonance... "

Quote Originally Posted by crowley View Post
    the meeting of my worlds; androgynous, soulless k pop and post-future swag infantile rap. the thing to notice is…
    Quote Originally Posted by corpse View Post
    lol, barty quoting the mask just to get my attention. role play is traditionally a feminine pursuit, often an outlet for gay and trans culture. this is stark contrast to the way i was drawn to rap as a surrogate masculinity, so this topic is interesting to me in the following ways…
    Quote Originally Posted by third View Post
    the 2010’s in some ways picked up where the 90’s left off. the 2000’s was a fearful mass-cultural withdrawal from the accelerationism of the previous decade which resulted stasis and retromania. the 2010’s is about us internalising the humanising what the machines offered us in the 90’s. those alkaline/tommy lee bratty autotune vocals are like hardcore’s chipmunk vocals reintegrated into the human body. migos’ fragmented flows are like todd edwards. as barty says techno anonymity has evolved into a fluid, arbitrary identity…
    Quote Originally Posted by leo View Post
    trump is a form of this. incredibly camp and flamboyant in his mannerisms and accent. obsessed with his own image. always wearing fake tan. he even looks like a podgy goblin. and, as with all these artists you’re posting, his personality and ‘values’ are entirely malleable and fluctuating. swinging from being hawkish to dovish. from man of the people to golden chaired billionaire. strong man and a baby crying about not being treated fairly.
    Quote Originally Posted by vim View Post
    this phenomenon you’re speaking of is the anthropomorphisation of liberalism. post-gender, post-race (very literally with the skin bleaching), post-sexuality. and tellingly unable to maintain an identity. now imagine that in the context of a nation state; what becomes of a country in the absence of a cohesive identity?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigknobblissblog View Post
    gods gift’s ‘mc tribute’ and hendrix' ‘1983 a merman i’ll be” both preempt this. also think about how effeminate migos are in ‘motorsport’ and how dominant cardi b is with her big delicious knockers and nicki with her big bulbous bum are. i’ll often watch that video alone late at night and just feel depleted watching those two girls. like i’ve spent everything. like something’s been exorcised. it manifests itself physically. heavy breathing. red face and all that. all because of their sheer force of personality.
    good start everyone. love it.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sadmanbarty For This Useful Post:

good start everyone. love it.
    Vinothys got a point. Can't build a strong ethno state on the back of this stuff. This is incidentally why it lends itself to vigilant citizen style NWO paranoia. What does it want? The jinn, changing us from the inside out.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

Where's Tommy Lee. Tommy Lee is the understanding of Kartel as Harlequin in a purified form (unlike his appointed heir in Popcaan who is great but fundamentally boring)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to CrowleyHead For This Useful Post:

otherlife needs more coaxing out of their shell. lots of likes banded around all the time, where other posters ignore me and luke. otherlife is one of the ayatollahs. they just don't know it yet.

otherlife is transgendered and exist solely on the internet. they are above any of us here is qualified to talk in this subject. give us something oth. even if it's just a fleeting inkling. we'll make a mountain out of a molehill for you.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sadmanbarty For This Useful Post:

michael jackson is actually a crucial part of this story.
    infantile, trans-racial, fits into our 'impish' narrative by way of a preoccupation with peter pan, embraced rnb and rock simultaneously, post-gendered in many respects.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to sadmanbarty For This Useful Post:

what's a goon to a goblin?

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sadmanbarty For This Useful Post:

otherlife needs more coaxing out of their shell. lots of likes banded around all the time, where other posters ignore me and luke. otherlife is one of the ayatollahs. they just don't know it yet.

otherlife is transgendered and exist solely on the internet. they are above any of us here is qualified to talk in this subject. give us something oth. even if it's just a fleeting inkling. we'll make a mountain out of a molehill for you.
    dude im getting quotes from the thread together gimme a sec
    Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    It says bless the lads and it means bless the lads.
    i don't know, probably some marxist cultural theory or something
    Quote Originally Posted by thirdform View Post
    gabber terrorism is fun but not all the time, sometimes you gotta be sophisticated or sulky for the ladies.
    https://manifestacionesoterica.bandcamp.com/

21. The Following User Says Thank You to other_life For This Useful Post:

you people move so god damn fast
    also i invited carol to the board she's also Trans And Logged On. she's definitely an ayatollah and younger than me, too
    Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    It says bless the lads and it means bless the lads.
    i don't know, probably some marxist cultural theory or something
    Quote Originally Posted by thirdform View Post
    gabber terrorism is fun but not all the time, sometimes you gotta be sophisticated or sulky for the ladies.
    https://manifestacionesoterica.bandcamp.com/

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to other_life For This Useful Post:

is carol treelethargy?

25. The Following User Says Thank You to sadmanbarty For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by other_life View Post
    you people move so god damn fast
    also i invited carol to the board she's also Trans And Logged On. she's definitely an ayatollah and younger than me, too
    Barty once made an account for an imaginary older lesbian lady called Carol that he was going to use to cause mischief but he thought better of it in the end but he had spent weeks developing this impossibly elaborate backstory but that point. He could tell you anything about her, hair colour, describe her favourite cardigan, the names of her various cats, what she studied at university....

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luka For This Useful Post: