luka

And made a distinction between event density and simple bpm counts. Eg the pogo stick rhythms of gabba boink boink boink

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
well you can dance at 260 bpm if you have a 130 bpm track with double time kicks.

imagine what 160 in double time would sound like, as opposed to just a 320 kick.

muser

I have feeling that genres have a greater propensity to get faster than slower, maybe it's a good indicator of their demise. like when novelist tried making that new grime genre the was 150+ it pretty much cemented that grime really hadn't maybe any kind of revival and was still dead.

luka

Barty have you seen the map of Britain which indicates the bpms rising as you go north?

DLaurent

I've been thinking recently the Purdie shuffle is just swung 16ths and is the basis for a lot of funk. Or that Sharon Redd's beat the street is about as fast as disco goes before becoming glitch with 120bpm 16ths on the foot.

sadmanbarty

problem is, i made this thread thinking that luke had some brilliant nugget to unveil. maybe the both of us are a bit depleted.

it's a perfect time for third to unveil his list. no other centres of conversational gravity to distract from it.

he's gone all devotional though and won't till ramadan's over.

i might report him to prevent just to get my way.

luka

IVW BEEN AT WORK ALL DAY GRAFTING AND NOW IM AT THE PUB DO I LITERALLY HAVE TO BE A GENIUS EVERY SINGLE FUCKING DAY IS THERE NO ONE WHO CQN PICK UP THE SLACK? A LOVING FRIENDLY GENIUS DAY IN DAY FUCKING OUT

luka

EVERY OTHER GENIUS IN HISTORY HAS BEEN A MASSIVE CUNT NOW LOOK AT ME. A FRIENDLY LOVING NURTURING GENIUS. VERY RARE. DOES NOT HAPPEN EVERY DAY.