sadmanbarty

gq as cryptic omniscient cosmic philosopher.

he's got that tone of voice. earthy, yet raspy. a world worn man.

a ken clark statesmanliness about him. scotch and a woodfire. but sci fi.

sadmanbarty

jungle sets definitely need mc's on them, but i think i err on the side of them being masters of ceremonies rather than rappers.

nuggets of wisdom or social context or silliness injected into the proceedings the occasional inspired snippet of rapping, rather than proper bars.

maybe that's just because i listen to the tape rave packs rather than old pirate shows.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Actually what happened with that set that made me almost cry is that after the initial euphoria I started getting annoyed with the MCs, cos they wouldn't ever bloody stop.

There was a trinity, not a particularly holy one, consisting of Navigator, GQ and DET

His MCing on this runs through my heads most days

"north, south, east, west
wanna get down with the junglists"

"get up, get in
jump up, groove with swing"

"groooooooove... [or boooooom? either works]
Translate.
gotta get down with style that's great
to imitate is fake..."

🔥

Last edited:

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Conrad the worst? Damn son.

The sound of his voice alone is so good. Deep, resonant, smooth. Lyrics can be a bit cheese but it blends so perfectly with ltj

Last edited:

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
conrad's what americans hear when they listen to british people rap.

yeah thats 100% accurate. hence why i said overrated but certainly not the worst. and anyway, he wasn't really a pirate mc so who cares? neither was ol cleveland but man he ruins that fabio promised land mix, which is a nice vibey smoking 15 spliffs home with the cockneys at 7 AM on a Sunday chill jazzstep set, if you know what i mean like.

Last edited:

luka

I hear det like now too sadly. I say sadly cos I ised to like him. Not as much as navi, 5-o and ragga twins but I did like him

luka

shabba d has given up weed probably for the first time since he was about 14 in like 1989 and its been intense