The Grime Hall of Shame

CrowleyHead

He's not smooth at all, it's baffling to me honestly.

He's definitely pretty though and maybe this is what it comes down to.

luka

He's not smooth at all, it's baffling to me honestly.

He's definitely pretty though and maybe this is what it comes down to.

You don't think he sounds smooth? Like in the company he's keeping? In a milieu which includes the likes of Discarda?

CrowleyHead

The gap between him and people in his camp like Hyper is more vast in my mind than the gap between him and Discarda. Genuinely.

CrowleyHead

I don't hear smoothness to him, I hear abruptness and a punchiness. You can hear the effort everything he does, there's a muscularity to it I find absolutely unbecoming. He's an absolutely unnatural man on mic he's just blessed with charisma and an incredibly clear and distinct voice. He has the voice of a prince, but he is not conversational, he doesn't flow, he's very clearly squeezing off things he's memorized and reciting them with veins out. Everything you've ever described about a road rap MC, the way you feel disgust is all that Kano inspires in me when I think about his approach to a mic.

forclosure

I thought i should bring this one back because im surprised we got through this without mentioning Devlin once and i say this not because he was obviously shit but because you look back on the number of white MCs who came through grime and he was the ONLY one to have commercial success

Syer went all over the place and then ghosted for a long time Discarda had no hope, Dogzilla reminds me of some of my dads friends he would introduce me to as a kid when we went over to their garage/scrapyards and them places.

Because Devlin blew he became the grime equivalent of Eminem for white brehs up and down the British isles, somebody who they could rally behind and swear that they had the skills to duppy everybody in the scene even if what was infront of us so obviously wasnt the case