The Grime Hall of Shame

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Slight paranoia that someone Ard is going to see this and think you're me based on the avatar

sadmanbarty

jme is wrongun, but he did it in his own niche way. he carved out a territory of his own rather than creating a territory for others to fill.

bad, but he's not ultimately responsible.

sadmanbarty

i love this

but rhythm and gash does actually bear some responsibility for what happened to grime. the pioneering student grime track in many ways.

sadmanbarty

ruff sqwad are other contenders. once the melodies come in it lets wronguns in. i think stormzy's first major viral hit was on a roll deep beat.

luka

Bartys animus for terror danjah is one of the few things about him I find utterly baffling. I thought we did this thread already though and everyone agreed it was skepta?

sadmanbarty

Bartys animus for terror danjah is one of the few things about him I find utterly baffling. I thought we did this thread already though and everyone agreed it was skepta?

regardless of what i think about him, there is the fact that he's a proper producer. i bet he's been released on planet mu or at least he could have easily been.

my mixed feelings about him are that its cutesy and kitsch. i'm generally very wary of the comedic strand of grime instrumentals (its actually a huge chunk of grime). i go all thirdform and techy when it comes to grime.

luka

He's certainly a proper producer i don't think it's cutesy or kitsch though and ruff squad were on planet mu too despite rapid being the polar opposite of a proper producer. I like terror danjah a lot. I like that's it's not blocky, that it moves in a different way to everyone else.