luka

Okay I'm interested. Does he discuss this in any published writings, or was this in a personal conversation or?

No. You can read it in something he's written. Can't remember where. Reminiscences of ccru. Speed psychosis, being a nobhead etc

version

Apparently the final chapter of Fanged Noumena either covers it directly or is the point at which it becomes clear he's suffering from it.

It’s another life; I have nothing to say about it – I don’t even remember writing half of those things ... I don’t want to get into retrospectively condemning my ancient work – I think it’s best to gently back off. It belongs in the clawed embrace of the undead amphetamine god.

version

I remember a friend describing an OBE where he was sat in an armchair in someone's living room then suddenly realised that he was floating in the corner of the room, near the ceiling, and looking directly at himself. He didn't really have much to say beyond that, just that he was sort of bobbing there in the corner like a helium balloon.

luka

Yeah I've got in on the shelf I'll look it up sooner or later but it's exactly the same as the experience woops! Had and you can speak to him about it directly.

version

I've had full blown sleep paralysis a few times, and one experience where an old woman appeared in the corner of the room and just stood there. She looked like this dinner lady from school, wore the same rain coat and whatnot, but she had shadows where her eyes should have been. I ended up sleeping with the light on for about a week after that.

luka

Speed psychosis is definitely more about the sleep deprivation than the drug per se. Woops and Craners alcohol withdrawal probably less so ( although must factor in poor quality/disrupted sleep which is an inevitable consequence of boozing, even moderately)

version

I've only ever experienced that sort of stuff after a combination of drugs and lack of sleep and they tend to go hand in hand anyway (depending on the drug); amphetamine psychosis sounds unbelievably unpleasant.

muser

I had pretty intense ego death of ketamine not that long ago or maybe IBE not sure what its called. I think I've had it quite a few times but this was the first time I was cognizant enough to unpack it afterwards. Comes with this feeling of de ja vu, followed by nothing but conciousness, feels like the veil of reality has fallen away, unable to really comprehend the existence of anything apart from my own consciousness, as if nothing ever really existed and this is all there is now trapped in time and space, wasn't a very enjoyable but pretty interesting. I feel allot of OBE's on ketamine stem from that weird feeling of movement you can get from it like being rocked or slowly being elevated and dropped down.

version

I found that if you do a decent amount of ket over an extended period rather than taking a lot in one go and ending up in a k-hole then you enter this dreamlike state. You can still walk around and function, but it's like being underwater or something. I remember walking back from a mate's house and feeling that I was in some inversion of the real world, an odd mirrored image where everything was slightly different and I was the only person there. It was as though I'd gone into my mate's house, someone had done something to the world outside and when I walked back out, I walked out into a different place.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Funny you should mention feeling like you're in a mirror universe. I recall vaguely wondering if that's what had happened to me when I went for a piss as I was coming down off the peak (or rather up from the abyss) of the mushroom trip I described earlier. This was because the dick-flap in my boxers was opening on the wrong side. I later realised I'd simply put them on inside out that morning.