luka

DTs innit. They can get really hairy. Woops! Have given me some stories that blew my mind. Days of full on hallucinations, visual and audial

• Wow
Reactions: sus

luka

He told me he spent a whole days listening to a radio station that wasn't there playing songs which have never existed. Minutely detailed, arranged, with lyrics of just the appropriate degree of banality. Real songs in other words, that don't exist, at least in this universe. So can easily see how you could have an OBE. What was it like? Can you give us the details?

• Wow

version

I had what I thought was an OBE, but I'm not sure what it was really.

I'd been out the night before, doing various things, and when I awoke I felt a little strange so decided to go back to sleep. When I shut my eyes, I could see myself stood on the other side of the room, face pressed against the wall, whilst at the same time being able to see the wall as though I were really stood there. It was as though I were both lying in bed and stood on the other side of the room simultaneously.
I opened my eyes, tried to shake it off, but whenever I closed them again the same thing happened. This continued for almost an hour until I decided to get up.

luka

I had what I thought was an OBE, but I'm not sure what it was really.

I'd been out the night before, doing various things, and when I awoke I felt a little strange so decided to go back to sleep. When I shut my eyes, I could see myself stood on the other side of the room, face pressed against the wall, whilst at the same time being able to see the wall as though I were really stood there. It was as though I were both lying in bed and stood on the other side of the room simultaneously.
I opened my eyes, tried to shake it off, but whenever I closed them again the same thing happened. This continued for almost an hour until I decided to get up.

That's cool

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Had an IBE on 4 tabs of acid at 16. But never an outer. The IBE was what I now believe to be a classic stage of ego death in the scriptures of tripping. Basically experiencing being an entity within my own body looking out of my skull at the room. My eyes were like 2 big holes cut out of a box as you might have done when you were a kid. With the same perspective effects, as in look to the side and have the box come into your field of vision, blocking out the periphery. Was way too young to understand it back then, but looking back on it I think it was pretty cool and also valuable even though it was in the midst of what was one of my worst trips ever.

woops

is not like other people
He told me he spent a whole days listening to a radio station that wasn't there playing songs which have never existed. Minutely detailed, arranged, with lyrics of just the appropriate degree of banality. Real songs in other words, that don't exist, at least in this universe.

I would recommend the experience if it didn't involve 2-3 days of horrible physical symptoms you can probably imagine.

I also left the house to see if some sounds were still playing outdoors, and they weren't. I did though start seeing similarly convincing "real" people in any arrangement of surfaces that would suggest them.

Agent

dgaf ngaf cgaf
He told me he spent a whole days listening to a radio station that wasn't there playing songs which have never existed. Minutely detailed, arranged, with lyrics of just the appropriate degree of banality. Real songs in other words, that don't exist, at least in this universe.

Same thing happened to me. Wasn't DT'ing though, just smoking some Alaskan Thunderfuck (an incredible pure Sativa strain that will demolish you if you let it). In fact, listening to that music is what brought me back here. I NEED to hear it again.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Who's the most likely person here to get, or even already have, the *other* sort of OBE?

I guess Woebot's most likely to have the right connections.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Had an IBE on 4 tabs of acid at 16. But never an outer. The IBE was what I now believe to be a classic stage of ego death in the scriptures of tripping. Basically experiencing being an entity within my own body looking out of my skull at the room. My eyes were like 2 big holes cut out of a box as you might have done when you were a kid. With the same perspective effects, as in look to the side and have the box come into your field of vision, blocking out the periphery. Was way too young to understand it back then, but looking back on it I think it was pretty cool and also valuable even though it was in the midst of what was one of my worst trips ever.

Dude, same. Except it was my first ever trip of any kind (although maybe yours too, at that age?). Mushrooms, dried, a whole handful. But what you've described sounds exactly like what I went through. Did you also get a sense of absolute solipsism?

In retrospect it makes me think of the final scene in Being John Malkovich.

luka

Same thing happened to me. Wasn't DT'ing though, just smoking some Alaskan Thunderfuck (an incredible pure Sativa strain that will demolish you if you let it). In fact, listening to that music is what brought me back here. I NEED to hear it again.

Very very interesting phenomenon . Nick Land describes the same thing via speed psychosis by the by

Agent

dgaf ngaf cgaf
The host of the podcast which played this music for hours, who is a now infamous celebrity I refuse to name, described it as "hypno-pop." Which is a fair assessment. The closest comparison as far as today's music landscape, in terms of sound but not necessarily feel, is Billie Eilish. What I heard was masculine, angry, and direct, while Billie is fluid and impossible to define. See how it all connects now, how everything interrelates? I don't because I've seen to much and just want to zombie-coma pace around my apartment while "Sicko Mode" plays on repeat on surround sound.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Dude, same. Except it was my first ever trip of any kind (although maybe yours too, at that age?). Mushrooms, dried, a whole handful. But what you've described sounds exactly like what I went through. Did you also get a sense of absolute solipsism?

In retrospect it makes me think of the final scene in Being John Malkovich.

Not my very first but it was all around then. Think mushies at 15 was my first and had an absolute blast. Few shroom trips later I got the fear. Didn't let it put me off though. Some of the most profound moments of my life to this day. Only catch is its taken until pretty much now to get the messages.

And no I didn't have any solipsism, it was an escape from a room full of sightly older and much cooler kids from a bigger town near my village who I didn't know very well and so I think the 4 tabs was trying to impress them. I was the one who'd sourced the acid. When it kicked the vibes got real bad. In my mind it was them playing with me but who knows really. Pretty sure tho tbh. So I escaped into a painting on the wall and so I guess that part could be classed as an OBE but I wasn't really self aware at this point and definitely didn't see myself from 3rd person. (shit that reminds me of one of the first times I did dmt with a mate who'd just had a bad one and he was kind of awkwardly sat on a another couch staring into space. At one point I decided to open my eyes and he was me. He had my exact face. This made me smile a lot. Then it changed back to him and his confused 'how can you be having a good time?' look. But the biggest take away from that whole acid night was the IBE. Another sensation that came along with that was this - you know how you're sat wherever you're sat right now and feel the physical connection to your chair and how that is tethered to the ground. Something we all take for granted, gravity etc. We'll I felt like I had to hold onto the couch because I was really disconnecting from the ground. I was imagining my roots all being ripped up from the earth and I was floating in nothingness. Really scary at the time. But again, ego death, leaving the physical realm.

Also at that age idk if I could have imagined something as intellectual as malkovich. It was more just a lot of fear and then peace when leaving the room to within myself and then entering the painting on the wall - a wizard on a cliff above the clouds looking out across the clouds which appeared to be a white sea which contained all kinds of turbulence and chaos. In the distance other mountain peaks poking up through the cloud carpet, one of them with a medieval city on it. I could feel the wind in my face, the coldness of the air, the wisdom and silence of the wizard and then a true hallucination, a dragon's head emblem came floating from way over in the distance of the landscape. It was holographic in form and color. Constantly changing shades. Lots of unreal purples and greens, and framed in a hexagon which bobbed up and down like some computer game intro screen logo except crazy detailed and electric colors which I don't think exist in reality. Occasionally the hexagon rotated at lightning speed and then would settle again. I wonder if it was inspired by mortal kombat now I think of it. This then took me out of the picture and back into the room and I closed my eyes because I didn't want to be there and suddenly I'm flying above earth. Super fast, taking in African plains with antelope herds stampeding, the sound of the hooves thundering through my body, and jungles and cities. Kind of a koyaanisqatsi style montage, but I didn't know of the film at that point. And throughout every structure whether man made or organic there were these tron-esque neon green geometric grid lines, totally 80s Sci fi, in all different proportions depending on the size of the object/being. Sometimes I'd zoom in on a leaf or whatever and there were the same lines. This was one message I understood. It's all connected. All I remember after that is coming to and the room of maybe 15 people had reduced to 2 on my left on the same couch. The only words I could muster were 'I've just seen everything.' they laughed, lol.

But I had.

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I recall the sensation of total derealisation. If you can imagine the absolute conviction that the external universe was totally false, unreal, an empty simulation - including every other person - then it was that. I'm sure I read a trip report on Erowid years ago that included the phrase "the mushroom matrix", which sums it up pretty aptly. Cakes's description of looking out at the world as if through eye-holes cut in a mask is spot on.

There was also the sense that I'd always been like this but had only just understood it, which apparently is fairly common in a trip of this sort.

Agent

dgaf ngaf cgaf
Very very interesting phenomenon . Nick Land describes the same thing via speed psychosis by the by

Okay I'm interested. Does he discuss this in any published writings, or was this in a personal conversation or?