Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OBE

Default OBE

Anyone ever had an out-of-body experience?

I've had 5 of them.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to craner For This Useful Post:

DTs innit. They can get really hairy. Woops! Have given me some stories that blew my mind. Days of full on hallucinations, visual and audial

He told me he spent a whole days listening to a radio station that wasn't there playing songs which have never existed. Minutely detailed, arranged, with lyrics of just the appropriate degree of banality. Real songs in other words, that don't exist, at least in this universe. So can easily see how you could have an OBE. What was it like? Can you give us the details?

I had what I thought was an OBE, but I'm not sure what it was really.

I'd been out the night before, doing various things, and when I awoke I felt a little strange so decided to go back to sleep. When I shut my eyes, I could see myself stood on the other side of the room, face pressed against the wall, whilst at the same time being able to see the wall as though I were really stood there. It was as though I were both lying in bed and stood on the other side of the room simultaneously.
    I opened my eyes, tried to shake it off, but whenever I closed them again the same thing happened. This continued for almost an hour until I decided to get up.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to version For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by version View Post
    I had what I thought was an OBE, but I'm not sure what it was really.

I'd been out the night before, doing various things, and when I awoke I felt a little strange so decided to go back to sleep. When I shut my eyes, I could see myself stood on the other side of the room, face pressed against the wall, whilst at the same time being able to see the wall as though I were really stood there. It was as though I were both lying in bed and stood on the other side of the room simultaneously.
    I opened my eyes, tried to shake it off, but whenever I closed them again the same thing happened. This continued for almost an hour until I decided to get up.
    That's cool

Had an IBE on 4 tabs of acid at 16. But never an outer. The IBE was what I now believe to be a classic stage of ego death in the scriptures of tripping. Basically experiencing being an entity within my own body looking out of my skull at the room. My eyes were like 2 big holes cut out of a box as you might have done when you were a kid. With the same perspective effects, as in look to the side and have the box come into your field of vision, blocking out the periphery. Was way too young to understand it back then, but looking back on it I think it was pretty cool and also valuable even though it was in the midst of what was one of my worst trips ever.
    Took a rest stop that wasn't on the schedule

11. The Following User Says Thank You to pattycakes_ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    He told me he spent a whole days listening to a radio station that wasn't there playing songs which have never existed. Minutely detailed, arranged, with lyrics of just the appropriate degree of banality. Real songs in other words, that don't exist, at least in this universe.
    I would recommend the experience if it didn't involve 2-3 days of horrible physical symptoms you can probably imagine.

I also left the house to see if some sounds were still playing outdoors, and they weren't. I did though start seeing similarly convincing "real" people in any arrangement of surfaces that would suggest them.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woops For This Useful Post:

Has anyone else besides woops and craner hallucinated using this method?

What method?

Thankfully not.

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    He told me he spent a whole days listening to a radio station that wasn't there playing songs which have never existed. Minutely detailed, arranged, with lyrics of just the appropriate degree of banality. Real songs in other words, that don't exist, at least in this universe.
    Same thing happened to me. Wasn't DT'ing though, just smoking some Alaskan Thunderfuck (an incredible pure Sativa strain that will demolish you if you let it). In fact, listening to that music is what brought me back here. I NEED to hear it again.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Agent Nucleus For This Useful Post:

Who's the most likely person here to get, or even already have, the *other* sort of OBE?

I guess Woebot's most likely to have the right connections.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you