The Mysterious and Magical World of Webeschatology

forclosure

3) Ice T - The Tower

some tracks go more in depth, some are more graphic but in terms of literal ice cold intensity this might be the best rap track about prison ever

The original Ear Hustle podcast

forclosure

4) Dj Sprinkles - Motorik life (dj sprinkles' mountain of despair)

I didnt grow up listening to house and techno like some people had to kinda learn how to listen to it its why at the time i didnt quite get along with UK Funky outside of a few tracks, that and what felt like the army of overenthusiastic white lads with crates of tunes cause if youre not familiar with this european producer/dj should stop bothering dont know why you especially find these people with "deep house" or whatever reminds me of neo soul diehards a genre ive never quite liked as much as i feel i "should".

but anyway Terre Thaemlitz is amazing absolutly no bullshit with her and her views on gender and the industry and the idea of music as a job rather than a passion,felt i had to pick this one a reminder of hard times come before and ones coming ahead

version

4) Dj Sprinkles - Motorik life (dj sprinkles' mountain of despair)

I didnt grow up listening to house and techno like some people had to kinda learn how to listen to it its why at the time i didnt quite get along with UK Funky outside of a few tracks, that and what felt like the army of overenthusiastic white lads with crates of tunes cause if youre not familiar with this european producer/dj should stop bothering dont know why you especially find these people with "deep house" or whatever reminds me of neo soul diehards a genre ive never quite liked as much as i feel i "should".

but anyway Terre Thaemlitz is amazing absolutly no bullshit with her and her views on gender and the industry and the idea of music as a job rather than a passion,felt i had to pick this one a reminder of hard times come before and ones coming ahead

Sprinkles is brilliant. One of those producers whose tunes you could loop forever.

Last edited:

forclosure

Yeah its true can thank my dad for that lol

Also my uncle was a pirate radio DJ up in Nottingham from time to time stumbled across a copy of Professor X"s(X Clan) first album when i was in the living room a while back

luka

Dunno about his korean alt rock band lads. Sorry im not there to cheer you on webbie

forclosure

5) Cult Toons

i dont know if thisll count but like seeing this as a small child on Cartoon Network made a mad lasting impression on my mind,in a nutshell its episodes of those old Hanna Barbera cartoons remixed bits are repeated mixed in with clips of old blaxploitation movies other cartoons etc

i think thats what enamourd me to all that cut n paste stuff and it was long before i came across MF DOOM,Negativland and stuff like that

luka

St. Barts how do you process the sprinkles tune? What happens to you during the interaction? If you I-thou rather than I-it?