The Mysterious and Magical World of Webeschatology

forclosure

92) Nico - Ari"s song

A song expressing joy that sounds so mournful its like the rain itself conjured it up, the sirens song of a literal ice queen

that weezing old harmonium the buzzing synths that strange mixture of something so ancient with the future love shit like that

forclosure

93) DJ Rashad - I Dont give a Fuck

Rashad was on such a roll when he made this

this thing thunders it makes "Riverside Muthafucker" the other big song i can think of with a Juice sample look like childs play

forclosure

97) Elucid - If you say so

you dont mourn the slum lord you lose but you feel fearful about the one you are about to gain

this wasnt my favourite song of 2016 but it captured the feeling for me of the year like a great stone gate closing behind you and knowing that you cant go back the past is an unfamiliar land

"dead nigga poltergiest" is still a potential screen name of the many i already have lol

forclosure

98) Cardiacs - Dirty Boy

had to put these lot on the list

the ride this song takes you is something else one of a kind shit, just when you think it gets too bombastic it shoots up into space and makes you speechless

Last edited:

forclosure

99) Cannibal Ox - Stress Rap

Vic Spencer,Tree,Mal Waldron,Steve Lacy,DJ Quik,Young Bleed,Negativland,People Like Us,Mose Allison, Todd Rundgren,Dead Can Dance even

just some of the names i couldve put on the list and consider the front runners but in the end i decided to finish this off with what started the trail of weirdness and where it is for me now

perfect beat to freestyle over,its the first song i heard from them off the first album and maybe last album i showed to my cousins after them showing me all the latest rap for a long time its the last album i went in completly blind not being familiar of anybody involved with it and its just barren like a city made of glass and chrome just empty and broken

Vast i think still has a couple good lines on this and i feel like with the way tings went with him people realise they bet on the wrong horse but really as ive gotten older i realise how good Vordul was on the mic goddamn

Last edited:

forclosure

100) billy woods - Red Dust

the feeling of being an insider yet an outsider,reading too much,the hatred and distrust of showing our faces on the internet,African Caribbean weirdos, the over thinking, the jet black sense of humour

these are what i feel i have in common with woods and Doom this is where it ends

its not the heat its the dust

forclosure

Thanks all of you for this, thanks (and sorry???) for luka for not knowing what kind of black hole he unleashed on his little forum

if you lot wanna ask me about specific picks or what got left off or even what you couldnt stand hell go ahead bring it up ill talk

this was hard but at the same time it was fun

luka

Really enjoyed that. All three of these have been absolutely top quality and all really distinctive and idiosyncratic. You really kept the standard up. Great work.

catalog

Yeah, you can't move for the reissues on vinyl. All good, it's great music, seems to fit these times. Musicianship that isn't as bombastic or difficult as other stuff from the same time.