How did you get your Super-Powers?

sufi

lala
or it could be:
How did you find God?
or Even:

How did you get Radicalised?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As for me, I went on a school trip to here in the late 70's. http://www.dissensus.com/showthread.php?t=13892&p=327705#post327705 Quite possibly accompanied by my dear Matt Woebot, so you see...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But i think this place has a secret self-selecting requirement that you need to be a bit special. So how did you get that way?? and why??

luka

I was 20/21. Life changed for good. Experience transfigured. Never the same again

luka

Definitely the way I could meet loads of people on the web who cared about stuff that no-one in the tiny village I grew up in did was a huge eye-opener but... at the risk of being trite...

View attachment 1055

I really like it when people affirm the positive side of the Internets instead of saying it's the reason young people are so vacuous... Young people have always been dumb as fuck. Webs are not to blame. Every friend almost every friend I've made since 2001 I've made through the World Wide Web I'm all for it.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Yep, loads of friends through internet. Today I was ordering something and I told the seller he'd been recommended by a friend... only later did I realise I've never actually met this "friend" in person. But known him for years through the web.

shakahislop

i don't have superpowers. but i do think there are certain intense transformative experiences that shape everything that comes after, gives you skills and perspectives. for me they were i) the psychedelics of my teenage years ii) a lot of backpacking far off the beaten path iii) being in a war for years.

0bleak

I really like it when people affirm the positive side of the Internets instead of saying it's the reason young people are so vacuous... Young people have always been dumb as fuck. Webs are not to blame. Every friend almost every friend I've made since 2001 I've made through the World Wide Web I'm all for it.
There is a difference in kinds of platforms though.