Third vs Barts

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
lol you always make remarks about how i'm a famous dj or used to hang out with nts people or goldsmiths, post-dubstep etc etc. granted not recently but in the past you did. i never thought i had any beef with you as a result, i knew you were joking. if the offence was barry being called an aristocrat or managing a fiefdom then why was that offending you?

Granted as a post it could have been taking the spotlight away from web esch. but it was one post which you could have left there. i just found it really annoying to have to wake up to this stupid gestalt degree thread.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
i never really know how everyone is always getting so worked up. i think a lot of it has to do with nuances being lost by communicating online, even when using long sentences, lots of words and emoji's. like, if the same conversation would have happened face to face all would be good i think, because each could see that there were no bad intentions involved. you need to read the face tho, the intonation of the words, the body language, etc.

luka

I'm glad this is contained in this special fighting cage now, that's all. We can get back to business without being distracted or pulled off course. Thanks for everyone's cooperation.

luka

It's not as though there aren't genuine issues to explore. There's no reason why Barty should have his assumptions and preconceptions go unchallenged. There's no reason why third shouldn't be held to account and expected to explain his more arcane pronouncements. This will be great, but let's keep it civil. We can be passionate without being aggressive. Committed without being intolerant. Let the games begin

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
yeah but the title was a bit me giving it the side eye you could have named it third and that fat cunt with a jamaican uncle who only visits him on the rare occasion that pork bbqs are being served with baked beans. in other words when the uncle wants a change from the jerk chicken and the flavour some home made kurdish kebabs.

But yeah fair enough i just felt like you were doing a counselling thing like josef k/nucleus and i would hope I at least have a bit more of a higher standing round these parts.

i found it a bit demeaning.

but anyway. happens to the best ofus.

Last edited:

luka

yeah but the title was a bit me giving it the side eye you could have named it third and that fat cunt with a jamaican uncle who only visits him on the rare occasion that pork bbqs are being served with baked beans. in other words when the uncle wants a change from the jerk chicken and the flavour some home made kurdish kebabs.

But yeah fair enough i just felt like you were doing a counselling thing like josef k/nucleus and i would hope I at least have a bit more of a higher standing round these parts.

Not a counselling thing at all.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
What arcane pronouncements do you want me to expand on?

Is it that I'm not obsessed with the capitalist construct of the cult of the brand spanking new?

I can certainly get into that later...

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
like, challenge me i guess. im not gonna shit on barty here but if you want to challenge my framework I'd very much welcome that.

luka

What arcane pronouncements do you want me to expand on?

Is it that I'm not obsessed with the capitalist construct of the cult of the brand spanking new?

I can certainly get into that later...

There's loads of things for me personally I'd like you to talk about. but that would be a separate thread. That would be a "Third Explains" thread, which maybe I will set up. That would be fun, provided you are up for it.

This thread is just to contain energies I personally feel are derailing threads. Call me mad if you want but that's how it feels to me. I think I feel more affected by it cos I feel like I am pulled in two separate directions. That's why it is an issue for me personally.

sadmanbarty

i don't want dissensus to be some bizarre emotional drama. i don't know why i've been sucked into one.

i'd rather this thread get deleted and me and third can try and sort things out over private message.